Chapter 15

Jordan's POV

When the door to the master bedroom shut, Katy stood awkwardly in the middle of the master bedroom. I knew she probably wasn't happy about the new sleeping arrangement, but I don't think she saw the suspicion the lurked in her family's eyes when they realized that she wasn't putting Carter in the 'extra' bedroom. I hadn't had the chance to talk it over...I hoped she wasn't too angry with me for putting us in the same bedroom. 

"So," she said shyly. Her voice seemed to cut through the air. 

"Katy, I'm sorry," I began. "I wouldn't have...it's just, I mean, they seemed to suspect something when you said Carter was sleeping in the den. I should've asked you. I--"

"It's fine," she said. "Ya know, I'm just gonna, um, go get my pajamas on."

"I thought you already had them on," I said, gesturing to the shorts and t-shirt she was wearing. My eyes zoned in on her long, tan legs--whoa, Jordan. What are you talking about?! Stop it! Stop it!

Katy blinked and looked down. "Uhh, I'm....cold," she said. She grabbed a pair of sweatpants quickly and ran into the bathroom.

I sighed and walked over to the dresser. Our clothes were kept in the same room just in case Jamie or somebody was ever over. We wanted to be sure to not have any reason for people to question the authenticity of our 'marriage'. I pulled out the first shirt I found and changed. I sat down on the edge of the bed. I would've gone ahead and crawled into bed, but I wasn't sure which side Katy slept on.

My thoughts began to wander as I waited. Which side does she sleep on? Does she fall asleep quickly? Does she toss and turn for hours? Does she sleep talk? Does she--

My thought process was interrupted by the opening of the bathroom door. Katy stepped out, fully covered in sweats, socks, and a loose t-shirt. I thought about asking about her major wardrobe change, but decided not to. I briefly considered the idea that she was covering up since we were going to be, you know, sharing a bed. But she trusted me...didn't she?

"Hey Jordan?" she said, jerking my attention back to the present.

"Hmm?" I said. Though she had changed clothes and taken off her makeup, Katy still looked beautiful. I studied her carefully, taking in her long black hair and gorgeous features. I was carefully studying her, when her voice cut through the air. 

"Jordan," she snapped. 

"What?" I said cluelessly. "Did you say something?"

She looked at me like I was crazy. "Nevermind, then. I'll see you in the morning." With that, Katy grabbed a pillow off of the bed and swept out of the room.

*****

Katy's POV

"What the heck?" I muttered to myself as I marched down the stairs. I had sat there for a good minute and a half trying to talk to Jordan about our awkward sleeping arrangement, and he had completely blown me off. He had just sat and stared at me with this crazy look in his eyes. I didn't know what was up with him.