Chapter 32

So sorry for the long delay in uploads!! 

Hope you enjoy this chapter! xD

*****

Katy's POV

I gulped, the words "I love you" on the tip of my tongue. My heart was racing with nervousness. "Jordan, I need to tell you something," I said, my voice soft. I was afraid it might break.

"Yeah?" he said patiently. "What's that?"

"I'm, um," I stuttered.

"Um?" he prodded.

My voice caught. I took a breath and started again. I could feel my hands trembling. I was hoping Jordan had not noticed, but when he took my hands in his own, I knew that there was no way he wouldn't be able to tell. 

Finally, the words that I had pent up inside me came out in a soft whisper, so quiet I wasn't sure if my amazing husband would even be able to hear them. "I love you."

"What?" he said incredulously.

"I said, I'm in love with you too." This time my declaration was much clearer.

I'm not too sure exactly how I expected Jordan to react. But I was surprised by his initial reaction. He stared at me, green eyes wide, jaw slack, and unblinking. A small smile crept onto my face. "Do you want me to say it again?" I gained more confidence with every second that ticked by. "I love you." I drug out the words, making them much longer than necessary.

"You do?" he said.

"I do!" I said. Relief swept over me. My long-kept secret was out, and I was so happy.

He let loose a cheer and picked me up. He spun me around, my dress billowing around us. Then he abruptly set me down. "You aren't kidding are you?!" he questioned.

"Jordan," I said. "No."

He planted an impulsive kiss on my lips and we smiled at each other. At that moment, everything was right in the world. It couldn't be more perfect.

*****

"What are you two so happy about?" Jamie whispered to me at the gala. The music blared loudly and the dance floor was full. Jordan and I had been dancing, but stopped to get a cup of punch and to take a short break.

"What do you mean?" I said innocently. But I couldn't deny that we were both extremely happy.