Chapter 13

Evelyn's POV

His hands didn't waste time in grasping my waist, pulling me incredibly close to him. I didn't waste time either, wrapping my hands around his neck in less than an instant. The way sparks were being ignited through every fibre in my body, and the feeling was truly the best I had ever felt in my life, as if everything I had ever wanted in my life had been accomplished in that one simple kiss. A huge wave washed over us, and as long I was in his embrace, his mouth on mine, I felt truly, and utterly safe. There was nothing that could pull us apart, nothing that I wasn't ready to give up for the man in front of me.

Yes, he had rejected me, and had the worst intentions for my pack. He was cruel and vicious, a man I would never be with. But he was destined for me, he was my monster. And I knew that he would change, change for me. His words were honest.

His tongue licked my bottom lip, and I opened up, letting him explore my mouth as I did to his. I was in pure ecstasy, pure bliss. I felt my back come in contact with a hard wall, and I felt my mate elevate me from the ground, wrapping my legs around his waist, the mate bond getting stronger by the minute. We finally separated, gasping for air after out intense make out session.

"You're so beautiful" he murmured as his head leaned against mine, my body still attached to his.

"One chance. That's all you get" I whispered, my eyes shut, remembering the moment we shared not a minute ago.

"Thank you cupcake. I promise not to fail you" He vowed, letting my feet down back on the warm tiled floor. I smiled, my cheeks tinted, slowly trying to move out of the way to get dressed for bed. A hand grasped mine and in an instant, I was pulled back by my mate, a grin spread across his face as he once again placed his lips on mine.

It was a gentle kiss, though filled with pure passion, and soon enough, we pulled away again.

"I will never get enough of that, you have no idea what you do to me cupcake." he smiled, walking past me towards the bathroom. Probably to get a cold shower. A ghost of a smile remained on my lips as I traced my lips slowly, embracing the feeling of being on cloud nine.

I walked back to the closet, quickly changing into a pair of pyjamas. When I walked back, I noticed Carter grabbing a pillow from the bed and making his way slowly towards the couch, but right before he could, I grabbed his hand - making the same sparks run through my body - before he looked deep into my eyes.

"I wouldn't mind the extra heat whilst I sleep" I explained, slowly trying to hide my blushing cheeks. He chuckled, returning his pillows on the bed, before getting into the bed with me. I soon felt a huge warm hand wrap around my tiny figure, pulling my back into his warm chest. I didn't utter a word, finding myself slowly falling asleep in no time, in the arms of my mate.

I guess I finally gave in.

*****

Morning came too soon, and after waking up in the comfortable arms of my mate, we had finally gotten up after another half hour of making out and cuddling.

Currently, we were walking around the pack grounds, looking for something interesting to do.

Before we knew it, a voice was shaking us awake from our bored state.

"Lost are we, ketchup?" We turned around, to be met with Alyssa's bubbly nature coming towards us. Alyssa and I had gotten along perfectly well; we also shared a lot in common.

"Hey Alyssa" I greeted as she approached us.

"Meatball, stalking are we?"

"Me? Stalking? No way! I just wanted to spend some time with my darling future sister-in-law. Care to join me for a small shopping trip to the mall Eve?"

"Sure we were getting bored anyways" my mate answered for me.

"Oh na ah ketchup, I'm afraid the offer was only for your darling mate, not for you. So, what do you say Eve?" My mate slightly glared at her, pulling me closer to him by the waist.

"Sure" I replied, leaving my mate's pouting side to join Alyssa.

"Fine. But bring her back in an hour. No more or I will hunt you both down. Understand?" Carter growled.

"Yes! Bye then!" Alyssa yelled, grabbing my hand, but right before she dragged me out of the way, my mate's hand grabbed mine, pulling me back to him as he quickly joined his lips to mine for a brief kiss.

"Take my credit card, buy anything you want. Be safe." he whispered, giving me his gold card before letting me go and walking out of my sight.

"Come on love bird" Alyssa commented before dragging me along.

*****

"Alyssa, I don't need more clothes, I already brought eight bags filled with clothes!"

"But this dress-"

"I hate it!"

"Oooh, what about these shoes-"

"I already have them!"

"And this necklace-"

"Don't want it!"

"But-"

"NO!" I yelled for the billionth time as Alyssa tried to drag me to yet another store.

"But we haven't even entered Victoria's Secret. You need to buy some sexy lingerie for your mate!" She yelled around the mall, trying to drag me to one corner.

"Are you crazy? I am never entering that store!" I blushed, pulling her away towards the exit of the mall.

"Alright, alright, but I really do have to pee" I sighed, letting go of her hand.

"I'll wait for you here" I replied, she nodded and left. Suddenly a voice caught my attention.

"Hello darling, missed me?" I glared at the woman in front of me, leaning casually against the wall.

"What do you want from me?" I questioned, discreetly trying to pull my phone out of my pocket and putting it behind my back, at the same time

"Oh sweetheart, that phone call is going to do you no good" she replied, and suddenly, my phone was snatched away from behind my hands. I abruptly turned around to come face to face with my father, grinning as me as he twirled my phone around in his hands.

"Hello honey. Missed your daddy?" His next move was a blur to my wide eyes, and then came the darkness.

A/N

And it finally happened!! Chapter thoughts?? Future predictions?? Comment below and tell me what you think! Also, the second installment of the Hard Mater Series (Regretting Rejection) will be based on Alyssa!! What do you guys think about her??

Picture of Alyssa's family to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha