Chapter 15

Carter's POV

"It's been two fucking weeks Lorena?! WHERE IS SHE?! I NEED A LOCATION NOW!" I yelled, my fury touching my very last nerves. Lorena's eyes finally opened, her pupils were yellow, a train of weird transcriptions floating through her pupils. Her actions were robotic as she picked up the pen lying carelessly on the table and marked an X across the map she had used to track my mate.

Evelyn. For two whole we didn't find her. Fury was burning inside of me when Alyssa had came running back home yelling that she was gone. She felt partly guilty, but I knew this wasn't her fault. It was bound to happen sometime, but I should have been there. I was filled with regret over my actions. Just when I had got her to be mine she was taken from me, and I was going to do everything in my power to get her back, no matter what.

Lorena handed me the map, her eyes still flashing yellow, and with one look at the map, I had already ordered all the packs to leave through the mind-link. As I stepped out of my pack house, Eddy came running down the way towards me.

"Did she find her?" I nodded, handing him the map with the marked territory. He nodded and we started jogging towards the border of my territory.

The plan was simple: attack, kill everyone, find my mate, capture her psychotic parents and kill them too. In other words, mission massacre.

We shifted in an instance, tearing through our clothes in the process, running out through the woods. With the help of the Crescent Moon's (Evelyn's old pack), Eddy's Rogue pack, and my own pack, there was no way we couldn't defeat the hybrids.

It took us a full hour before we finally arrived the territory my mate was on. By the looks of their next move, they had been expecting us. As expected, Logan's hybrid pack stood in front of us, ready to attack, Logan stood at the very front, his teeth bearing at us.

As soon as we stepped over the border, the scene turned into total chaos. Hybrids jumped over us, and the war had begun. From the corner of my eye, I could visualize the tearing of werewolves and vampires; life's being taken away in the spike of a second. I ran through the clearing, biting through every creature in my way. I dashed deep into the forest, finding myself face to face with a black furred wolf right in my way, almost as big as me, and I knew by the power that radiated off him that it was an Alpha. Logan.

I shifted back into my human form, not caring about my nudity as I waited for him to the same. His fur disappeared and soon, he stood in his human for right in front of me.

"Alpha Jackson"

"Just tell me where she is Logan, all of this war can be avoided" I got to the point.

"I can't. As much as I want to, I can't. If I disobey their orders they will kill my mate. Tell me you wouldn't do the same if you were in my position Carter?" he pleaded, a sense of exhaustion in his tone. I stared at him with the least of pity, somewhat feeling bad for them.

"What if I end them? What if I killed them? They couldn't hurt your mate then" I proposed.

"That's where the problem is Alpha. As much as I would love to end them myself, I can't, because if they die, my mate dies." My knuckles tensed; clearly there was no easy way out of this.

"I guess it's a fight to the death then" I commented, shifting back into my wolf instantly. He caught my actions and mirrored them, and in the spike of a second, Logan no longer stood there, instead, there were two pure black Alphas surrounding each other. Me and him. There was no way the fight was going to be easy, he was fighting for his mate, and I as fighting for mine.

We circled each other for a while as I waited for his attack. He soon lunged for me, but predicting his move, I parted from the way and in an instant jumped onto his back, achieving to bite into his neck. But his movements were quick; I only managed to land a scratch along his back. He lunged at me again, but I retrieved slightly, making him miss me by a hair. I then proceeded to grab a hold of his back legs, biting hard into it. He howled in pain, moving back. We circled each other once again, him limping. My anger got the best of me and I lunged for him biting straight into his neck, making him drop to the ground. He soon shifted back into his human form, his eyes turning red and his fangs coming out, his vampire side exposing itself.

In an instant, he collapsed on the ground, his eyes slowly shutting. Behind him, Lorena stood in the clearing her eyes slowly opening.

"He's not dead, just unconscious. She is underground, I can feel it. Go get her" she stated, making me instantly run after the faint scent that was left of her. I ran in all directions, searching for anything that could lead me to her scent.

Instead, the strong smell of blood caught my attention at the very east. I followed it, my mind focused on everything it could mean, praying that the blood didn't belong to her. I sprinted towards a metal door on the floor, opening it in a blast and running down the steps after shifting into my human form.

I followed the trail of blood on the floor, leading me towards a door in the corner. I pulled it open, and walked in, a huge growl filling my insides, a howl of pain erupting from me as I dashed up to my bleeding mate, unbuckling her from the metal chains and grabbing her bridal style out of the dungeon. Her blood was pouring all over me, but I didn't care. I dashed with her, I ran. I ran for god knows how long, ignoring my pack, the fight, everything. I ran till I found myself on my pack territory. I ran till I could see the pack house come into view. I ran with my bleeding mate in my arms and I didn't stop until my mate was lying on a hospital bed with my doctors attending to her.

And then I cried. I cried because I wasn't there for my mate, I cried because I couldn't save her. I cried because she had to go through all that torture and I wasn't there to save her from it. I cried because I needed her, because she was my life, my soul mate, my life, my whole world, my everything. I cried.

A/N

Sorry for the short and sucky chapter! I'm not reallly good with writing scenes like these! Chapter thoughts?? Future predictions?? Comment below and let me know what you think! Also, the profile of the second installment of the Hard Mate Series has been published so make sure to go check that out! It will be based on Alyssa and it's called Regretting Rejection!

Picture of Carter's wolf to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha