Chapter Twenty-One...

The drums sounded just as the breakfast was being cooked and the women exchanged looks.What could the drums be sounding for?What had happened?The women rushed out of the cooking area and stood behind the crowd of men,trying to get a look what the commotion was about.

Zuhaib and Zuhaiba exited the tent and walked to the front to see what the commotion.They both stopped in their tracks and Zuhaiba's hold on Zuhaib's hand tightened and pulled her closer into his hold,his arm going around her waist,his face was a mask of anger.

In front of them all stood Aqeelah who was looking at the couple with hatred in her eye.She then looked away when her mother called out her name and was about to step forward when Waleed stepped forward.

"Stop right their Aqeelah."

"I want to meet my mother."

"You have been disowned by your mother,by me and by this tribe.You dishonoured us by leaving your marital house to run off with a man whom we did not choose for you.Why have you come back?Where is your husband?"

"He could not have been her husband Abi Waleed."

Everyone turned to look at Zuhaib when he said this but Zuhaiba didn't.She knew where this conversation was going to and she kept her head up,looking at Aqeelah with sympathy because after this her punishment would come up and it wouldn't be pretty.

"What do you mean Sheikh?Speak clearly!"

Yusuf spoke from next to Ummi Yusuf as he was holding her back from hugging Aqeelah or even going to her.

"I never divorced Aqeelah so she has committed zina by running away with another man.She has to be punished by Islamic law."

"La,you cannot do that Sheikh.She is your wife."

"Maaf Ummi Yusuf.Even if this was my sister I would execute the same punishment on her.I cannot be biased"

"You would have been biased if that witch was in my place Zuhaib.If she had done what I did then you would have been biased.The same thing applies with the tribe if that woman would have ran away she wouldn't have been disowned but because she's Raeesa's daughter."

"Enough/Silent/You are overstepping you limits."

Zuhaib,Waleed and the brothers said at once.Zuhaib let go off Zuhaiba's waist and was about to stalk forward but Zuhaiba stopped him.He looked at her and she shook her head.

"Don't Zuhaib.Don't take any wrong step."

"I won't but I have to sort this out."

Zuhaiba nodded at him and let go off his arm.He stalked over to Aqeelah and stopped when he was a seven feet away from her.Aqeelah gave him a smile think that he will accept her once again but she was going to find out just how wrong she was.

"I give you talaaq.I give you talaaq.I give you talaaq."

Zuhaiba looked at him with a shocked expression as did everyone else.He then walked back to Zuhaiba and went back to his former position.Aqeelah looked at Zuhaiba with a venom filled gaze.

"You have always done this to me.You have always been the reason why I got pushed to the side,from the time we were children.Abi and our brothers and the tribe always gave you first preference.Always.We were thrown aside only talked to when we were needed.Today you proved that you were born to ruin our lives but don't worry I'll ruin your life just as you ruined ours."

Zuhaiba felt as if someone had pushed her and Zuhaib held her upright when he felt that she was falling.

"Please Aqeelah,don't say such things.I always hoped that you weren't treated justly,I tried distancing myself so that you'll would get your part of love."

"Don't give any excuses Zuhaiba.You never made any effort.Your ruined my life.You ruined my marriage life.You ruined me.You forced me to run away because I was in a relationship where my husband loved my sister.I hate you.I hate you."

"Enough Aqeelah.Don't you blame my daughter any further.You were the one who always wanted importance,you wanted to have Zuhaib but never kept him happy.So don't blame Zuhaiba.Leave."

"Where will I go Abi?I have to sit for my iddat."

"Go to the man who you left your husband for."

"Abi,let her stay.This is her parents tribe and she deserves to be here.Let her stay until her iddat gets over."

Everyone looked at Zuhaiba as she spoke,not shocked at all even after all that was said to her.She was always the one with a golden heart.Waleed looked as if he were going to refuse but the look in Zuhaiba's eyes made him agree.

"Ok fine.She can stay here for now.When her iddat finishes off she will get her punishment and will get a place to live here.That's all that she gets.I won't give her anything else."

Saying this he gave Yusuf the signal to let Ummi Yusuf go and when he did she ran to hug her daughter.Everyone dispersed so did the Royal couple.When they entered their tent Zuhaib sat down and begun to curse.

"Why did she have to come back?Why did she have to come and ruin our peace?Why couldn't she have stayed away?...."

He kept on muttering such things and Zuhaiba gave him a glass of water before sitting down next to him.

"Calm down habib.Maybe the man she went with something happen to him or he left her.Where else would she go to after all this is her family."

Zuhaib gave her an unbelievable look and shook his head.

"I can't believe that after all of this you are still taking her side after what she told you.She said she hates you and you haven't done any wrong.She's at fault,all of this is only her fault."

"Calm down.We'll figure a way through this.I know we will.Everything will be fine"

Zuhaib hugged her and she hugged him back.He hoped she was right.They son came running into the room and threw himself onto Zuhaiba's lap.

"I love you Um and Abi."

"We love you too."

They hugged their son and both hoped that everything would be fine.

*****¤¤¤¤¤¤¤««««««»»»»»»»

As Salaam Mu Alaykum Wa Rahmatulahi Wa Barakatu...

Whoa I'm on a roll.Two updates in a day.Well I have to make up for the delay.

So what do you'll think.Was it good,bad or ok?

Meanings:

Zina:is an Islamic law concerning unlawful sexual relations between Muslims who are not married to one another through a nikah(marriage)

La:No

Maaf:Sorry

Talaaq:Divorce(In Islam if a man says that he gives a woman three talaaq's that means that their marriage is over even if papers regarding divorce is still pending in the court of law.)

Iddat:is the period a woman must observe after the death of her spouse or after a divorce, during which she may not marry another man. Its purpose is to ensure that the male parent of any offspring produced after the cessation of a nikah (marriage) would be known.

Hope that was all the meanings I had to give.If I missed any please do tell me.This updates might be the last I post until I finish write exams in the next two weeks.

I am also very saddened to inform you that this book is reaching it's end five or six more chapters then it will be finish.

Jazakalah for reading,liking and commenting.It means a lot.

Fi Amanilah..