Chapter 5

Emily

Ugh...

The throbbing pain was back, but this time, it was worse. I held my head and squeezed my eyes shut.

Wait...

My hands and feet weren't tied up anymore. I quickly sat up- bad idea. The pain in my head got worse and I was twitching from the pain. I fell back down on the car seat- wait. No. I was on a bed. A soft comfy bed.

I closed my eyes shut for a bit and let the pain subside. After a few minutes, I managed to stand up and scan my surroundings.

I was in a large room. A bedroom. I walked around and looked for anything that could help me. But there was none. He really thought this through.

...

He... Daniel...

I still don't know what's happening right now. Daniel... My childhood friend is here. My childhood friend kidnapped me. My dead childhood friend is alive and breathing.

"Okay Emily... Keep it together," I said quietly to myself. I slowly walked towards the nightstand and saw a note.

I'll be waiting downstairs.

I gulped. Should I go down? Or just stay here for the rest of my life?

Maybe I should just stay here until he leaves or something.

I heard someone knock on the door.

I guess I won't be staying here for the rest of my life.

"Emi? You up?" He said from behind the door.

"N-no- I mean, yeah. I'm up."

STUPID. STUPID. STUPID. I SHOULD'VE STAYED SILENT. STUPID EMILY. YOU'RE SO STUPID.

He slowly opened the door and entered the room. He walked towards the bed and placed a glass of water on the nightstand and handed me some pills.

I looked at him and raised a brow, "What? Another drug to make me pass out?"

He chuckled, "No, it's not a drug to make you pass out. It'll help you with your headache."

I hesitated but took the pill from him anyway. I placed the pill in my mouth and drank some water.

He was standing in front of me while I was sitting on the bed.

Silence.

"Well... It was nice seeing you again, Danny. But I'll be going now," I stood up and tried to walk past him. He gripped my arm and pulled me back.

"No, Emi. You're not going anywhere. You're staying here, with me. Whether you like it or not."

I frowned and yanked my arm away from him. "What are you talking about? Why are you doing this danny?"

"You're mine, Emi. And you're staying here."

I shook my head and gave him a humorless laugh, "I'm not yours and I'm not staying here."

I turned around and walked towards the door. I was about to leave the room when he suddenly appeared beside me, closing the door shut.

"You're. Not. Going. Anywhere. And I suggest you listen to me if you don't want to get hurt." He said in a menacing tone that sent chills down my spine.

I squinted my eyes and shook my head slowly. I was about to reach for the doorknob when he shoved me, making me stumble back.

"Stop being so stubborn!" He yelled then strode towards me with his hands balled into fists.

"Let me out! I'm not staying here!" I yelled and ran for the door but he got a good grip of my hair and pulled me back.

"Ah!" I yelped. I tried to get away from him but he pulled my hair harder and threw me onto the bed. I backed away from him as much as I could.

But he walked closer to me and got a hold of my face. I feel like my jaw was gonna get crushed. My eyes were watering as I stared at him with pleading eyes.

"Try to escape and your fiancé gets hurt. Hear me?" He said in a low, warning tone.

He let go of my face with a shove, making me fall onto the bed. I gently placed my hand on my jaw and silently watched him leave the room.

And me, being the stubborn being as I am, planned my escape. But first, I need to check if my jaw is still whole.