Chapter 13

Emily

I gotta get out of here. Before he kills me like what he did to Sharlene.

I saw another interesting newspaper, Daniel Smith was captured in an old barn in California on July 05, 2004.

I threw it down and saw another newspaper, Daniel Smith escaped prison on July 30, 2004. After the murder of Sharlene Johnson, Dexter Smith and Mary Anne Smith.

He has to be caught and be sentenced to death, before he kills more people.

"Emily! Where are you? Our guest has arrived!" I heard Daniel shout from downstairs.

I panicked and quickly ran out of the room.

"There you are! Where have you been?" Daniel said, a little bit pissed off.

"I-I was just freshening up before dinner with our guest... W-who is she anyway?" I asked with a calm voice.

"You'll find out. You and her have a lot to talk about." He said as he grabbed my hand and gently dragged me downstairs.

When I was down, I saw... Abi.

My eyes started to water, she was sitting on the couch, relaxed.

"A-Abi?" I said, my voice trembling.

"Hello, Emily. How's your stay here?" She said with a very bitchy voice.

"You... You helped him kidnap me?!" I yelled.

"Ofcourse. You know, you've always been mom and dad's favorite, and I was feeling a little left out. So when I found out that Daniel was alive. I talked to him. He said that he loves you, then I took that as a chance of getting you out of our lives."

"H-how could you? You're my sister!"

"I never thought you as my sister. And guess what, Derek isn't even looking for you. No one has a tiny clue that you're kidnapped." She said with a wide grin.

"What?" I asked.

She handed me her... MY PHONE and saw the messages. She texted Derek that I'll go out of the country for awhile to think about our marriage...

My hands were shaking, I didn't noticed that I dropped my phone.

I dropped to my knees with my hands covering my face. I was crying myself to death.

Then Abi walked to Daniel, "Where's mom and Dad? Did you kept them here?" She asked.

"They're not here, I already told you!" He said angrily.

She gave him a death glare and said, "Let me check the basement."

"No, Abigail. Just go." He said.

"I'm searching the basement." She walked pass him.

When I looked up I saw Daniel clenched his fist. He took the empty wine bottle and smashed it onto her head.

"No!" I quickly stood up and ran to Abi's body on the floor.

Blood was coming out of the back of her head.

"Why did you do that?!"

"I have to. Now go up to your room and get some rest." He pushed me aside and carried Abi's unconcious body.

I just ran up to my room and slammed my head onto my pillow and started to cry.

Why? Why does it have to be me?