Thursday

"A dare?"

I nodded, falling into Lane's lap, covering my face with my hands.

Lane ran a hand through my hair comfortingly, not saying anything, and I'm happy he didn't.

 I didn't want to hear how it's Colton's loss or how he's not worth my tears, because it isn't his loss and he is worth it.

 He's great.

 I still expect to see him turn up at my door so that I can hug him and forgive him, but I know that's not how it happens.

 He hasn't even texted or called me!

 He obviously wants nothing to do with me if he hasn't even tried to get in contact with me.

 Not one measly text asking if he can explain himself or anything.

 Not one.

 That makes it even worse because I know he's not there for me to go back to. He's moved on.

 He's probably out with one of the numerous amounts of girls who would kill to get with him. He's probably out having a banging time.

No pun intended.

Lane's hands played with my hair and he looked at me intently, studying my face. "What exactly happened?"

I looked up at him, a bit confused, but I relayed the entire story detail by detail.

I told him how I had had the revelation of my love earlier.

I told him how I'd caught him and Scott talking about it, and everything they both said.

I told him about how Colton was trying so hard to convince me.

I told him how Colton said he loved me...and then how I said I hated him.

I told him about how Colton's face looked when I said it.

Lane thought for a moment, before he looked down at me, pursing his lips. "Janey...as much as I hate to say this...he's whipped."

I sat upright and moved away from Lane. "How can you say that after what I just told you?"

Lane rolled his eyes. "He said that he's going to make you fall in love with him when he didn't even know you were there? Come on, I'm a guy and I know that if he didn't care he would have made fun of you with this other Scott character. 

"Lane!"

Lane shrugged. "He also looked you in the eyes and told you that he loved you?"

"So?"

"So, if he really didn't, then he would've said 'peace out' and let you go on your not so merry way. What do you think that they bet that would make in important enough for him to lie to you Janey? If he didn't love you, he wouldn't have tried to make you stay with him. He wouldn't have cared."

I thought about everything Lane said.

I thought that too though.

But I know how good of a liar he is, so how do I know what to trust anymore?

"Lane...I want to believe you, I really do, but how do I know he' snot lying to me again when he tells me he loves me?"

Lane pulled me in and hugged me tight. "You don't. That's another aspect of love, you have to forgive and trust him."

I looked up at Lane and kissed him on the closest place I could reach, his jawbone. "When did you become such a love guru?" I teased.

He shrugged looking proud.