Chapter 3: Information

Chloe’s POV

It took me three hours to get back to the house. I was soaked and extremely cold. My vampire self hadn’t thought of bringing a coat. And I was too tired to keep myself warm.

I had had plenty of time to think about what just happened.

It was very strange that a vampire that strong and hungry hadn’t killed me on the spot. I am strong when Silver is loose, but certainly no match for Blondie.

There was something off with him.

First I had thought he was simply playing with his dinner. But then I remembered how he had looked at me.

Gran has the same expression when discovering something new in her books.

He had studied me as if I were a rat. A lab rat.

This got me worried about what he had learned. He had seen the spirit coming out of me. But had he recognized my vampire state before that?

If so, everything was at stake.

Somebody as old and as strong as him was bound to be on the council.

I couldn’t take the chance. I had to move quickly. I couldn’t stay at Gran’s anymore. I couldn’t put her in danger.

I reached the house and walked into the living room.

“Gran, where are you?”

She came out of the kitchen and glared at me.

“Are you dripping on my rug?”

I looked down. I was.

Her eyes flashed and I was transported to the bathroom within a blink and roughly dropped down on the floor.

Ouch. “Could you be a little bit gentler, next time?” I screamed down.

She chuckled. “Could you not drip dirty water on my rug, next time?” she screamed back.

I grinned.

She walked up the stairs and leaned against the doorway.

“So it worked?” she asked.

I nodded. “Yes. I reversed the process.”

“How? Dravec is strong and angry. A powerful combination.” Gran responded.

I looked down at the floor. She was not going to like it.

 “I released Silver.”

Her face darkened. “You released Silver?”

I nodded. “Alone I couldn’t get him out.”

Gran looked angry.

“Silver is dangerous. I can’t believe you willing gave him control.”

“I was only momentarily out of control. He agreed to be locked up again.” I said.

“How did you manage to pull that off?” she asked surprised.

“I promised him that I would give him full control in the Vampire Dimension.”

She shook her head and walked out of the bathroom.

“I am not helping with what could be your downfall or that of all of us.”

“I understand why you feel the need to do this. And I support you for a 100%, but only if you do this by yourself. Without the beast.”

I sighed and looked in the mirror. I looked like a drowned cat.

She walked over, carefully lifted my wet hair and placed it behind my shoulders.