Chapter 6: The Heartless incident

Grim woke up after a long sleep feeling wonderful.

She sat up with a yawn and looked around. The bedroom Blake had given her was dreadfully depressing, the walls a murky white and the carpet a dusty grey. There was barely any furniture in the room, only her bed and a set of drawers on the wall. Like the rest of the house there was no artwork or decorations on the wall.

This crappy decor couldn't ruin her mood though; nothing could because Grim was happy.

It felt nice to sleep once again but that wasn't why she was so euphoric. She had finally let it out. She had hundreds of other memories of their cruelty, but right now just being rid of one of them was amazing.

He felt bad! He had actually shown remorse. Grim had spent ten years thinking he felt nothing about her death, and he might have but at that moment he had wept. He had understood her pain and apologised.

Grim paused, realising with horror that she cared. She actually cared if he had missed her, if he had felt guilty over her demise. What was wrong with her?

She hated him. She had to hate him. All she knew anymore was hatred and pain and emptiness. There was no room or time for anything else, at least that's what she told herself.

With that Grim got to her feet. She stretched out and grimaced clothes, which needed a change. She'd need some more and soon.

Grim stood up and wandered out of the room, and followed the smell of food. She walked down the lavish marble staircase and found Blake staring down at the stove with bacon sizzling on top. Grim slid into a set and set her hands of the counter. She knew he knew she was there, but he obviously wasn't ready to face her.

Grim wasn't sure if she was either.

While reliving those memories, watching as he reacted with horror and self hatred, had been gratifying, it also brought a lot more back. She was remembering so much, an endless amount of bullying and basically torture.

And the worst part, the hatred in her kept ebbing away, no matter what she did. It was exhausting to maintain rage for a decade, and even harder after he apologised. Grim refused to back down though.

Blake served her some bacon and scooped scrambled eggs as well. Grim shovelled it in while keeping one black eyes on him.

He looked awful. His tanned skin had a yellowish tinge to it and under his eyes were deep purple bags. His hair stuck up oddly and his mouth was pressed into a thin line, Grim somehow knew that he hadn't slept the night before.

Blake ran a hand through his hair, making it even messier. "What are you going to do today?" He asked.

And Grim realised he was asking about the reason she was here. He obviously wanted to get rid of her as fast as possible.

She shrugged, "Today I need access to the pack records."

He bristled at that. "No, I'm sorry Anya but those are only for the Alpha's eyes."

Grim stared at him amused, "you really think you can stop me?'

"It doesn't matter what I think, but I can't allow it. It's the rules."

Grim sighed and set her fork down. "Blake, soul mate, do you understand that if I don't have access to the pack records, that if I can't do what I need to do, then the world will collapse in on itself."

She was technically lying. The entire world would just fall into chaos, dead bodies roaming, people not dying. Without death there could be no new life, and very quickly the human race would find itself extinguished.