Chapter 11: In short- they're both idiots

Grim had never been to Sweden before. She'd actually never been anywhere. She hadn't even stepped foot on a plane, her childhood vacations often only a trip to the lake or a camp ground that was a five hour drive away. It was a shame that she'd never taken the time to experience the world; it was a rather marvellous place.

Grim tore her gaze away from the beautiful view, knowing she couldn't simply stare in awe at the skyline. She was waiting for a certain woman to come home.

Out of all the information she'd gathered about necromancers, most of it was complete and utter crap. The problem with humans was that they really didn't know anything about the magical world, yet they still filled the internet. It was completely idiotic some of the things Grim had read about necromancers.

They eat the flesh of the dead for power. Seriously? They are witches who have come back from the dead? That's just improbable. Necromancers use the dead to see the future. How in the hell would the dead know the future, they're dead?

This woman, with the very unassuming and easily overlooked name of Norma Smith, was the only source which had the facts. Everything she wrote was in line with the scant information Grim had. She needed to meet this woman and needed to know what she knew.

There was also another reason she was in Sweden. She was putting as much distance as she could between Blake and her.

Just thinking about it made her groan and bury her head in her hands. She was an idiot; a weak-willed idiot who had let her guard down, even after promising that she would never do such a thing. Did she mention she was a idiot?

It had all started off so perfectly just a few hours ago.

Blake had almost recovered from his ordeal, up to the point Grim begun to question him mercilessly. He was now using the weak excuse that he had an allergic reaction.

"Have you forgotten that I was a werewolf?" Grim growled out as they sat at his dining table

Blake stirred the soup she'd attempted to heat up, but somehow burned. "Of course I haven't, but it's true. I had a bad reaction to an air freshener I was trying out."

"You nearly died!" Not to mention werewolves despised air fresheners because of the strong, chemical scent. In fact that hated most scent products, everything from perfume to shampoo.

"I did not! Besides, you don't even care, so why are you asking?"

Grim stood up from the table, black eyes blazing with fury. "You don't get to do that," she hissed. "You don't get to try and make me feel bad. Not after all you did to me."

She turned and stormed out of the room and to her room on the other side of the house. Once inside she slammed the door and slid to the floor.

She was an idiot.

What was wrong with her? There was something very wrong with her. These stupid feelings were changing her, making her do stupid thing like . . . like feel things! She didn't want to feel anything. She wanted to feel disgust towards him, but she couldn't anymore. That rage and hate had transformed it something worse, hate softening into wistfulness and rage to forgiveness.

Grim groaned. This wasn't her fault; a part of her knew that. No matter what she did she would always love him, well, a part of her would. She had been a werewolf and no matter what form she took now, she still had the soul of a wolf. And her soul was meant to be with his, they were destined for each other in every way.

If only he had felt that way back then.

Grim closed her eyes, a memory which she hated flashing behind closed eyes.