4.5

CHAPTER FIVE

Don't Take From My Pile

- - - - -

Ana stepped down onto the grass after getting cleaned up and changing into a few of Laura's old clothes

Ana stepped down onto the grass after getting cleaned up and changing into a few of Laura's old clothes. She walked over to the quinjet, passing Steve and Tony who were chopping wood further down the path. She gave them a small wave as she went by and opened up the ramp.

She let out a breath before stepping inside and going to her backpack. She zipped it open and looked at the file. She closed her eyes for a second before taking it and flipping through it. She crossed her legs and sat in the corner of the quinjet as she read it.

It had her name, her birth date, and her biological parents' name. Tears pooled in her eyes as she read Lillian Kravinoff and Marcus Michaels for the first time. She smiled slightly, she found them. But it soon dropped when she read they died when she was born. Her mother was Russian and her father was born in the neighbourhood she grew up in, Queens. He was a surgeon at the hospital while her mother was a KGB agent.

Ana wondered how two very different people met. Then she went on and thought about how they fell in love, where did they go for their first date, what kind of people were they. She looked for any photographs and only came across one of her father. She smiled at it, she looked a lot like him.

"Ana?"

Ana looked up at Natasha as she entered the quinjet. She sat up as the red head approached her, a warm smile on her face. "Hey there." She greeted and sat down next to Ana with a sigh.

Ana stayed silent as Natasha took the file out of her hands. She glanced at the woman, watching her mouth part open slightly as she shifted through the pages. "Oh my... is this real?" She questioned, looking up at Ana.

She nodded and rubbed her eyes, "Yeah, when Tony took Strucker's files, this was in one of the boxes. I found it a while back but didn't open it until now. I guess I wasn't ready, but now that I remember..." She answered.

Natasha smiled at her softly and brought the picture of Lillian up to her face and compared the mother and daughter. "You look like her." She hummed.

Ana smiled. "Mom, Lillian, she was a KGB agent. And dad was a surgeon at the hospital in my neighbourhood. One of the best." She told Natasha as she flipped through the pages, stopping on one particular page.

"Not only that. Look," Natasha showed her the paper, "Uh, Marcus. He had enhanced strength. Lillian, she was fast and her senses were heightened. Just like you." She said.

Ana breathed out a chuckle, "So, it's genetic. My abilities, they're not an experimental disaster." She said, taking the file.

Natasha patted her shoulder, "I'm glad you found them. Sorry that they're not here, but at least you know their names." She smiled.