Chapter 21: Taking On Talia

"Hold still, Scarlett." Madoc scolded. "You move too much. If you keep it up, I won't be able to get accurate measurements."

I spread out my arms as he wrapped a measuring tape around my waist. "I can't help it if I feel weird about this." I said. "I mean, I never knew so much work went into making a single dress."

He scoffed. "Well, if you want me to get this single dress made for you to go to the Eternal Ball, then I'm gonna need these measurements in the next thirty minutes. Shame on you for calling me on such short notice." Madoc wrote down a number on a sheet of paper. "By the way, you've got a lovely hourglass figure."

I blushed, not quite knowing what to say in response to a comment like that. "Um...thanks?"

"Don't feel awkward about it." Madoc reassured me. "You're going to look great in the dress I make for you." He gave a show of jazz hands. "You're going to look fabulous!"

I chuckled. "You really like that word, don't you?"

"Well, there's not really any other word in the entire English dictionary that can quite keep up with my personality." Madoc began to look over me, rubbing his fingers against his chin, "Anyways...do you have any preference for what you want the dress to look like, or do you want me to give my professional opinion?"

I shrugged. "The last dress I ever wore was when I was twelve, so I'm going to leave the design up to your capable hands."

Madoc nodded. "Good choice, princesa." He made his fingers into a square and began walking around me, pursing his lips and knitting his eyebrows together in thought. "I think you should go with something slimming, but doesn't show off too much skin. It'll look very classy and it will accentuate how great your body looks without being too risque. I'm thinking we should either go with a sleeveless dress or a halter. Also, I think it would be nice if we put a little bling on the bodice and/or the waist." He looked back at me. "What do you think?"

I thought about what he had said over in my head for a bit, and nodded. "That sounds really nice, actually."

Hazu popped up from the corner with her sketchbook in her hands. She nervously showed it to Madoc. He looked it over and grinned. "Okay, you took my idea and made it, like, fifteen times better! I am definitely going to make this dress. Thanks Hazu."

I walked over to look at the design. The dress was cherry red with a gold bodice and long sleeves. There were small little slits in the sides to show off my hips, but they weren't big enough to make the dress look trashy. The belt was yellow with red and orange crystals shaped in a pattern that looked half-flower, half-fire. It was probably one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen in my life.

Madoc nodded. "You can expect this to be ready by Sunday. I'll get one of the girls I know to do your makeup. You'll be the envy of everyone on campus."

I giggled. I was going to look like a princess. I couldn't be happier. I thanked Madoc and Hazu for what they were doing. They quickly told me that it was no problem. Hazu grabbed a roll of red fabric out from one of the closets and Madoc came out with a mannequin. I watched as the two got to work, cutting and measuring the material like the masters they probably were. Hazu went back to sketching in her notebook and drew a hairstyle on the figure that was modeling the dress. It was all pinned to one side and fell in slightly wavy locks down the other. She also sketched a pair of golden strappy heels to go with it.

I checked the clock. Talia had told me that she wanted me in the wrestling room at 10:30, and it was already 10:15, so I quickly bid Madoc and Hazu a farewell. I walked out of the door of the Fashion and Design room and made my way towards the Physical Education wing of Eternal Academy. I adjusted the sports bag that Hazu had advised me to pack earlier that morning.