ONE

Ximena released the breath she had holding for the entire car ride as she rose from her seat

She leaned over, pushing the passenger's chair as far as it could go, allowing Jamal to exit from the back. He hopped out of the car, quickly slinging his bag over his shoulder as he nodded to Oscar.

Jamal bent, his weight pressed against the rolled down window of the Chevy, "Thanks for the ride, my man."

Oscar snickered back at the teenager, his chin rising as he nodded back to Jamal, "Thanks for the dough."

Jamal paused when Oscar began to chuckle, straightening up.

"I'll meet you inside, Ximena," he told her, his voice low, before trudging back into the house.

Ximena gave him a light smile as she could hear Oscar's door close from behind her. The girl turned around to see the Santo circling the vehicle as he approached her, taking the cigarette from behind his ear, he placed it in between his teeth.

"You gonna be okay?" Oscar questioned, his words coming out monotone.

Ximena hesitantly nodded her head, shrugging her shoulder, "Y-Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

Oscar cupped his hands around the stick, getting ready to
light the end when he noticed how unsteady and weak her voice stood.

The Santo paused, fidgeting with the lighter in-between his narrow fingers. "I just know that guy was your friend," he squinted down at her, stepping closer, "I'm sorry."

Ximena dryly laughed, trying to play off how she was currently feeling inside, "You don't have to worry about it, Oscar. Shit happens, sometimes people don't turn out to be how you thought they were."

Ximena hadn't said one word the entire ride back to Jamal's house from Ruby's. She didn't know how exactly to react to finding out Logan had been a Prophet the whole time.

She felt stupid, how couldn't she tell? Why did she sleep with him? Was he only using her the entire time? She didn't know why but, she also felt a sense of relief. Now that Logan was currently being processed for jail, her problem with telling Oscar what had happened was now out of the way.

She decided to just try her hardest to live with it.

"And others aren't spies for a rival gang," Oscar impulsively remarked, causing Ximena's eye to twitch in irritation, "he, he didn't know anything right?"

"Like what?" The emotion of annoyance and anger began to quickly take over the teenager as she crossed her arms over her torso.

Oscar didn't have to respond for Ximena to catch onto what he was inferring.

"You really are predictable," the brunette scoffed, earning a questioning look from the Santo.

"What's that supposed to mean?"