Chapter 21 | Great, I Just Got Mugged

Elena's P.O.V.

"Francis! You're a dead man, you hear me? Dead!" I shouted the moment I stepped into the main room of the theater.

The chuckle of the old man echoed through the empty building, but I could've sworn that I heard other voices as well. "Why, dear Elena, what a surprise it is to see you again! How are you, darling?" He smiled, standing in front of the scene with an amused expression.

"I'm pissed, irritated, annoyed, mad, angry-"

"Those are all synonyms, my child," he cut me off, receiving a glare filled with daggers in return.

If I didn't know better, I would say that he was a monk version of Hazel.

"Why didn't you tell me that Ethan was actually a prince? Do you know how much of a fool I made out of myself?" My voice was firm as a mountain, yet, he burst out laughing, not even glancing at the warning tone. "It's not funny!"

"Of course, it is!" Francis laughed, taking off his glasses to wipe the tears of joy off them.

I crossed my arms in front of my chest, gesturing him my impatient look that I was waiting for an answer - and it sure as hell should be a damn good one too.

The monk smiled. "Well, I thought you could figure it out by yourself, so you will learn that not all people are serial killers."

"I was stuck in a tree with that idiot for an hour because of a damn, hungry wolf!" Francis tried to cover his laughter but failed miserably. "Oh, for Claus' sake, I didn't come here this early to be laughed at." And then I began to walk away with a choked groan.

"Elena! Wait, dearie!" He caught up to me, his smiling lines drawn all over his old features. "Stay, I will not laugh anymore, I promise."

I narrowed my eyes, well-known over the fact that the promise would be broken faster than a clumsy person surrounded by plates. "Fine, but if I hear as much as a giggle from you, I will leave and find someone else to be with."

"Like who? Prince Ethan?"

At this point, I wanted to scream at him for the torturous teasing he was putting me in. "I've said this before, and I will say it again: if murder wasn't illegal, I would've killed you a long time ago." My threat seemed to be a joke in the ears of a chuckling Francis.

"You are not a morning person, are you?" He said with a smile around his words, which I answered with a dead look. "Why are you even here this early? You usually come at afternoon."

"I had a doctor's appointment."

"And?"

I sighed, "The original plan was that I could take this off on Saturday," I held up my bandaged arm. "But due to the event that His Majesty and I had been in, it's delayed to God knows when."

For the first time ever this day, he did not laugh. "And whose fault is that?" He pulled his glasses down to look at me with his silver orbs.

With a small glare thrown his way, I answered, "Not mine, that's for sure."

Frans' brow arched high in the air. "Instead of blaming the wolf and Prince Ethan for your broken arm, you should have followed your doctor's orders." He suddenly held up one of the many papers Doctor Lee had written to me, which I had lost a countless of times.

When did I bring that here?

"Are you seriously defending a bloodthirsty animal that tried to kill me, and my stalker? Again?" Guess who will not be my lawyer when I get into trouble with the law.