eight

Florence heard a knock at her door, but she stayed in bed.

She heard her doorknob turn, and she grabbed it with a vine, turning it back and closing the door.

"Florence!"

"Jubilee, I'm busy!"

"Napping?!"

Florence felt Kurt bamf in her room, accompanied by Jubilee. She covered her face with a pillow.

"Guys, I'm tired."

"Of what? Sleeping?"

"Jubilee, that doesn't make sense-"

Suddenly, Florence was bamfed to the foot of her bed.

"It's 7:30! Why are you taking a nap?! I thought you were ready!"

"Ready for what?" Florence asked groggily.

"Your party!"

"What? I am ready, what are you talking about?"

"Ready... wearing that? Florence, it's your birthday party." Jubilee walked to her dresser, like always, and began digging for clothes.

"Ok, but when did I ask for a party," Florence muttered, getting up.

Kurt walked to the stack of books on the makeshift shelf made of tree branches swirled together. He picked one out and held it up.

"Can I?"

"Yeah, of course. How'd you like Catcher In The Rye?"

"Eet vas very-"

"Ok, nerds, I'd love to talk about books all day, but Florence has to get ready. Here," Jubilee said, handing Florence some clothes.
She held them up- a long black wrap skirt and the same shirt she wore the day at the mall.

"This... actually isn't that bad."

"Gee, thanks." Jubilee said sarcastically. "We'll let you get changed, then I'm coming back."

Kurt bamfed himself and Jubilee out into the hallway, and Florence changed into the clothes quickly.

Florence opened the door when she was done, and the pair walked in. In Jubilee's hand was a hairbrush. "So, I get that it's the 1980's and big hair is in, but, messy hair is not."

"Jubilee, it's not messy." Florence said, ducking away from the hairbrush.

"Eet ees, but eet ees like... French girl messy."

Jubilee froze, looking at Kurt. She backed away, putting her hands on her hips. She stared at Florence, and the girl's eyes widened.

"Jubilee, do not give me that look."

"I don't know why, Kurt, but you're so right. That messy French girl look... I'm living for it. I don't know how you thought of that before I did, Kurt. Like Bardot, but after great sex."

Kurt blushed a deep purple and Florence only groaned. She had gotten used to Jubilee's suggestive comments.

"Now, Kurt, since you're obviously quicker, can you go to my room and grab the pink Guess pouch on my dresser?"

"I Guess," Kurt said, biting back a smile. Jubilee rolled her eyes playfully and Florence snorted.

"Good one, Kurt." Florence said.

He bamfed out, then came back seconds later with the pink pouch.

"Now, I won't do too much because I know you'll get rid of it, or probably smear it, or nap on it-"