Chapter Twenty-Seven: Lover Boy

This should be two chapters...honestly...I just figured you guys kind of needed a long chapter anyway. I'm sorry for not updating sooner. The vid is the dance Sydney does at the top.

Also this chapter is dedicated to bookiemonster- for her character that will show up in the book specifically at dance competitions and because she won the giveaway in the Winter Wattpad Block Party back in March. Her name is Nikki as well so don't get us confused lol. Also, go check out her stories : ) 

Chapter Twenty Seven: "Lover Boy."

FRIDAY

"YOU'RE GOING TO do amazing this weekend okay?" Wesley assured me.

"Okay." I answered for him, leaning my head on the window of the moving bus.

"You sound so nervous Sid. This solo should be a breeze for you and I know you'll do amazing in the group dance anyway."

"I know it's just nerves. Regular nerves. I always get them, you know that."

"Okay then we'll do what we always do. Breathe-"

"In and out."

"Release your fears."

"And have no doubts." I finished off and we both took a deep breath, exhaling loudly at the end.

Eduardo looked over me quizzically but I gave him a small smile before Wesley talked. "You will do amazing okay? Text me after, I'm already late to first period."

"Go you idiot." I laughed under my breath.

"Love you Sid."

"Love you too Wes." I hung up on him, putting my phone in my pocket when Eduardo nudged me. "Yeah?"

"What was that breathe thingy?"

"Oh just something we do before competitions."

"Cool, you know what I do before competitions? I eat a cinnamon roll."

"That is possibly one of the worst things to do before dancing full out."

"It is and I don't do that but I really just want a cinnamon roll."

"So do I." Ravi said in his seat in front of us, not focusing on the movie playing up on the screen as he stood on his knees on the chair to face us. 

"So what's first when we get there?" One of the girls one our team, Rita asked.

"Usually one of the two group numbers goes first, then duets. Then they start eliminating who doesn't have high enough points based on their routines in the group. Then with duets they make teams verse one another to narrow it down to 16 teams." I explained.

"That quick?" Winifred, another girl on our team asked. She was the only ninth grader on our Elite team. This wasn't the same with every type of dance competition but I've been competing under Stars Revolution for a long time to understand how they worked things.

I nodded about to open my mouth when Matilda who had managed to wedge her way near out seats joined us. "Then on Saturday, they're going to start with small groups to narrow down to eight teams and then the male and female solos that score the highest combined move onto the finals which is the group number."

"Wow." Winifred said, looking over at me. "Is it like this at Nationals?"

I opened my mouth to speak but once again Matilda beat me to it. "Nationals is a little different than Regionals. Being a soloist there earns you a title."