Chapter Fifty-Five: Correct Answer.

Dedicated to @witchesgetstitches for the cute cover at the top! Thank you❣️

I think this story will end in five chapters. I'm trying not to exceed to sixty but sixty-two will be the highest peak I hope.

Chapter Fifty-Five: "Correct Answer."

"OCT, THESE PICTURES of you are amazing," I said looking through my phone.

"I really wish I could've brought you with me as my plus one but my sister begged so." Octavia shrugged and I could hear Lucas laughing on my other side. We sat against the row of lockers and Octavia was sitting directly in front of mine before school started. I wasn't sure what Oct was doing but she was flying home to LA multiple times but I think she was staying home for a few weeks before going back.

"That's fine. Whoever did your makeup deserves an award. Look at that highlight." I pointed at the screen.

Octavia glanced at Lucas. "By the way Lucas, a highlight is-"

"I know what it is," He interrupted her. "Sydney once went on a rant about makeup and I've learned almost everything." He shifted downward to place his head in the crook of my neck and I could feel my heart pounding in my chest as Octavia continued speaking.

"Everything wow? But for prom I am definitely doing your makeup, Sydney. Just saying."

"I already figured. And you're coming, right? To prom?"

She nodded. "Yeah, Zen's my date."

I froze. Huh? "Wait what?"

"Yeah. Originally, I was going to go to the after-prom party which I'm sure would be in someone like the Cahills house because of Joey. And because the after-prom party is always better than the actual prom because everyone gets buzzed but Zen asked me this weekend and he had already bought the ticket for me months ago and said I should come with him. So, I'm going."

"Zen asked you?"

"Yeah, I'm actually surprised."

I paused, still staring at her in shock. "Zen?"

"Why is it so hard to believe that Zen asked me?"

I opened my mouth to respond to that question but was still unsure if I heard the wrong person. "Zen?"

"Sydney!"

I laughed and it dwindled down in a second when I could feel Lucas' lips running along my neck. "It's, um, it's Zen and you but then again anything is possible. So, when's the movie coming out again? What's the countdown?"

"Three weeks. Have you not seen the trailer?"

"Seen it? You send it to me every single day." I could feel Lucas arm go around my waist and slowly pull me closer to him. Oh fuck.

"Because I look bomb as hell in the trailer, duh." I could barely focus on her words so I pushed Lucas off me, holding his face with my hand. "You stop."

Lucas grinned, his eyes glancing at my neck where I was sure he left the mark he wanted. Ever since that day, he seemed a tiny bit more confident in himself. In our relationship. And while I was glad for that I was also wondering if it made him more open about our relationship too. "Stop? You really want me to stop?"

I hesitated before poking him in the chest, trying to keep that smile off my face. "Yes. Stop."

"That hesitation was so obvious." His voice got lower, the teasing smile playing on his lips.