Part 19

Marie's POV:

I checked my bags to see if I had anything for the weather but I only had tank tops, tshirts, shorts, and five jeans. No jacket or warm boots. So it looks like I am stuck inside. Well the least I can do is put on my skinny jeans and a tshirt, so I did. I decided to explore the pack house so I could familiarize myself with the place. The top floor which I was on seemed to be bedrooms and the first floor seemed to be the main living space, kitchen, game room. So this place is only two stories high. I walked down stairs to get a better feel for the place. After walking around for a few minutes I decided to find my mother to ask her for one of her jackets. I found her in the living room watching TV.

"Hey do you think I could use one of you're jackets so I can go outside?" I asked her.

"Yeah. My black leather jacket is on a hook by the door. I also bought a pair of warm combat boots for you when I was out thinking you would want to go outside when you woke up." She said and pointed to the door.

"Thank you." I said to her and waved bye after I put on the boots and jacket. The leather jacket seemed to be fitted to it was hugging my body.

I walked outside into the cold weather and looked around to see a bunch of people walking around. I could see kids playing as there mothers were talking to each other and watching their kids at the same time. A group of guys that looked to be 18 and up in age where battle training and a group of girls 18 and up were also training with the guys. Nice to know they are trained as equals. I saw movement out of the corner of my eye at the far tree line and saw a group of patrolling wolves doing there job.

'There is a lot of people here outside and a lot of kids to.' Lilly said.

'Yeah. With this many people in this area it looks like there isn't enough cabin houses around for all of them.' I said as I looked at the buildings around me.

'Well maybe this is the middle of the territory and there are more houses somewhere else.' Lilly said in a duh tone as to point out that it was an obvious explanation.

'Common lets shift and go for a run and explore the woods!' Lilly yelled excitedly as she jumped around.

'Okay no objection there.' I said.

I shifted on the spot and it felt so good to be all toasty warm because of my fur. I heard gasps from people all around me as they looked at me. The mothers that were talking to one another called for they're kids, other people looked at me with shock, some scared, others interested.

'Why are they looking at me like that? Are we not aloud to shift in public and only in the woods?' I asked Lilly.

'I don't know.' Lilly said.

I heard quite a few bones snapping and reshaping from my left where the other people were training and I could see that they had shifted. Do they feel threatened by me. Surly Ryan told them who I am right. The wolves surrounded me and readied themselves into a attack position.

'Who are you and why are you in our territory?' One of the wolves asked me.

'I am Marie Crimson Moon, and I am here because I was brought here.' I said calmly.

'Brought here by who?' Another wolf said.

'I was brought her by Alpha Ryan. I am his mate.' I said.

'Oh that is funny.' I heard a female voice laughs. I turned around to one of the wolves behind me who had a light tan color coat of fur and hazel eyes.

'What do you mean?' I asked her confused.

'Because he is my mate. Just ask anyone here in the pack, they will all confirm that it's true.' She said with an angry tone.

'You're mate? Are you sure you are talking about the same Ryan I am?' I asked her.

'I'm talking about Alpha Ryan yes.' She said with a scoff.

'Well do you have proof of it?' I asked her, making it very clear I was challenging her.

'Yeah I have proof. Ryan can tell you himself.' She said.

'Has he marked you?' I asked her because one thing I did know is that when you are marked by your mate, they're initials show up with the mark. And if you are marked by someone who isn't your mate you end up with no initials.

'Of course. He marked me two weeks ago.' She said and showed her mark on her neck of fur. Low and behold no initials. Her mark didn't even match Ryan's mark.

After the lycan attack I felt that it would be better if I marked Ryan to. His mark was the same as mine and had my initials MC. Even when you are marked by someone who isn't your mate, you still end up with the same mark. Let's just say that when I saw the mark on her neck I let out a little laugh.