Wattpad Original
There are 7 more free parts

Chapter 2

After forcing my dad to eat something, I finally leave for work. As I drive, I can't stop thinking about our conversation, though. I know I left everything behind, but damn, can't he see I don't regret it at all? I've always loved this place, so coming back home was not a hard choice. I could never be happy knowing he was here sick and on his own.

At first, of course, I had no idea how I would put my life back together. We were never loaded but we've always had enough to live comfortably. I mean, until he got so sick that he couldn't keep his job.

Thank God our house was paid off and he had some savings. So yeah, we don't live in luxury, but between dad's savings and my salary as a waiter at D'Angelo, we have a simple but comfortable life, so he doesn't need to worry about me. If it was not for the money we need for his treatment and the constant worry about his health, I'd say we're managing things well.

Scrap that! We are managing things well. I will soon find a way to access the trust fund my grandma left me and we'll be able to pay for dad's treatment.

*****

I arrive five minutes late for my shift and hurry through the doors. As I am putting my apron in the break room, Meg, my childhood friend, and one of the waiters come my way looking flushed.

"Hey, what's going on?" I ask when she lets out the longest sigh.

"Oh my God, Livy! I've just met the man of my life!"

"What are you talking about? I thought you were going to marry John, the guy you met online last week?" I laugh.

"Har Har!" She rolls her eyes."Seriously, you know how Mr. Lane left the restaurant to his grandson when he passed away and the grandson never really bothered coming over here, right? Actually, he didn't even come to his grandfather's wake, if I'm not wrong-"

"Yeah, yeah, everybody knows that," I rush her to get to the point. Apparently, my dear friend doesn't know how to gossip without giving you the least amount of details, but our manager can be a pain in the ass and the last thing we need is to get caught gossiping about the owner.

"Well, he came by the restaurant and he is drop-dead gorgeous. I mean it, Livy! When I looked at him, I thought he was a model or a Hollywood actor, or...Damn! Just drop-dead gorgeous! Seriously!"

"You know the real good-looking guys are always taken, right?"

"You're no fun, Olivia! But anyway, he is handsome and seems to be back to solve some stuff around here."

"Is everything okay with the restaurant? You know I can't lose this job, Meg!"

"Of course, everything is okay. From what I've heard, he has some money from his late grandmother to receive or something," she explains, and I feel somehow calmer.

"One, how the heck do you know all that? And two, didn't he receive his inheritance when his grandfather passed away? I don't understand why he needs to come here after all this time just to get some money."

"Well, first, I have ears and pay attention to things. Second, yeah, he received part of the money but looks like something happened and he had to come here to get the rest and do God knows what. Anyways, be prepared to see Mr. God around here more often."

"Mr. God? Really?" I can't help but roll my eyes.

"You just wait and see." She winks before leaving the break room.

Meg and I have been friends since we were kids. She is a beautiful redhead with long hair and a top model body. If she was not so insecure about her looks, she could have any guy she wanted, but unfortunately, she only seems to attract douches, so I'm not really eager to meet Mr. God.