Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

Chapter 5

I can't believe I asked Logan to be my friend. Who does that? How can you be friends with someone you're so obviously attracted to? I've just met the guy but...All I can think about is how good his lips might taste.

Argh!!!! I groan as I pull the covers off my body.

Heading to shower, I realize it's the first morning I wake up without feeling stressed out about my dad's situation, and I can't decide if that's a good thing or not. I can't lose focus now, and, even as a friend, Logan is very distracting.

"Why can't life be easier?" I look at Bear stretching on my bed. "Bet life is easy for you, huh?" He tilts his head to the side, and I rub his belly before getting up.

After my shower, I feel somehow better about the Logan situation. He is just a guy I met on the beach, who I asked to be my friend because I didn't want to risk anything else. If he had asked for a date, I would have definitely had to decline, no matter how attracted I am to him, and well...I will probably never see him again.

He's a stranger.

I just met him.

I don't care how hot he is.

I have much more important things on my plate right now.

The beep of my phone startles me, and my heart starts beating a little faster when I look at the incoming text.

LOGAN: Good morning, friend.

I can't help but smile. Yesterday, right before I decided to come back home, Logan told me we should exchange numbers since we were going to be friends and all. We chatted for a little while until his phone rang again, and he apologized saying he really needed to answer it.

I said I had to get going anyway, so I gave him a small wave and headed home. He seemed a little reluctant to let me go, but I guess the continuous ringing of his phone made him wave back and leave.

To be honest, I didn't really think he would try to reach out. Especially after I said I just wanted to be friends. But now as I look at my phone, I can't help the silly smile on my face.

ME: Good morning, buddy.

LOGAN: Are you free to have dinner tonight?

When I take a moment to answer, he sends me another message.

LOGAN: No funny business. I promise. Just a friendly dinner.

Isn't it the same thing Mark asked just a couple of days ago and I refused to even consider the possibility? So why am I so inclined to accept Logan's invitation?

Because he's the one responsible for the butterflies' party in your stomach. My subconscious says, but I choose to ignore her.

ME: I work until 9 PM today. How about some ice cream and a walk on the beach?

Yeah, because a walk on the beach with ice cream doesn't scream romantic date at all, Livy. My subconscious keeps pushing it, but I just pretend I didn't hear it and wait for his reply.

LOGAN: Sure. Where do you work? Want me to pick you up there?

ME: I'm driving to work. So, let's meet at the same place we were yesterday. Say around 9:30?

LOGAN: 9:30 is perfect. See you later, friend ;)

*****

I make my way to the kitchen, and as usual, my dad is waiting for me with a cup of coffee ready in his hands.

"Thanks." I kiss his cheek, discreetly checking his temperature. I know he was feeling a little down yesterday, even if he was trying to hide it, but it looks like he's feeling better now.