Chapter 10

Aghanya's POV:

     8:15

The numbers blinked on her alarm. She groaned groggily. She had been in and out of sleep all night. Her eyes drooped in sleep and her mind felt heavy. She groaned again as the door bell rang. Climbing out of the bed, she creased out her long shirt. She found it extremely comfortable. She opened the door without looking through the peep hole. She regretted it once she did.

"Dhruv, so early, why?" She moaned not even being to form coherent sentences. He grinned from ear to ear. He was wearing a bright yellow shirt paired with blue jeans. He had a summery aura around her.

"Good morning!" He said excited and Aghanya cringed. How did people find the energy to be this excited so early? She personally felt murder for the first couple of hours.

"Yeah, morning. Why are you here?" She asked again. "I came to apologise for leaving you alone at the party." He said raising the two cups of coffee. She took one cup and shut the door.

   She groaned as he kept on ringing the door. She opened it to glare at him. He pushed through the door, her hand slipped and she dropped scalding coffee on both of them.

  "Ahh!" He hissed blowing inside his shirt. He now had a big brown blotch in his shirt. She let him in out of courtesy.

***

   Viren  contemplated ringing the bell. He took a deep breath and rang the bell. He had got her address from Aghanya'a mother. His eyebrows raised at her residence. Penthouse. Was it her parents' property or was it hers? From when  did Aghanya Jha get interested in material things? He wondered to himself.

  Was six months really a long time that she had changed so much? The door was opened, cutting his thoughts to an end. Front of him stood, Dhruv. His former best friend. His eyes widened. They had caught up yesterday. He clearly remembering him pushing through the crowd and greeting him.

    What shocked him more was Dhruv was shirtless. He looked equally shocked too. "Viren? What are you doing here?"

  "Uh...Is this 992 B? Am I at the wrong address?"

  "Yes and no! Why are you -?" He asked in return.

  "Who is it now?" An irritated female voice asked. He leaned to the right to look behind him. He hoped with all his might that it wouldn't be her. That he would be at the wrong address. He clenched his jaw when all his hopes crashed. Aghanya stood there with a brush in her hand, wearing a man's shirt and very short shorts. Her eyes narrowed when she looked at him too.

   He scoffed, ofcourse she moved on. And that too with another guy who happened to be his best friend. Pain snapped in his heart as if someone was continuously snapping a rubber band against it.

   "Aghanya, you know Viren?" His best friend asked turning back to her. Not again. This time he won't run away. Aghanya Jha chased him away once, from his family, from his friends, not this time. This time, he wasn't letting her go. It was the hardest thing he had ever did. He slept less, drank much. But not anymore, he thought. He would marry Aghanya Jha and avenge his failure.

   "Eyy, get to the side yaar  nd seriously what are you doing shirtless in front of your bhabi?" He said to him and walked inside the door. With every step he took, her eyes widened, he thought to himself, This time, this time he would extract revenge.

     He put an arm around her shoulder, she immediately went stiff. Dhruv watched both of them back and forth and a look of recognition passed through him. His eyes hardened when he looked at Viren. Dhruv watched him in confusion. He quickly hid it and scratched the back of his head. "I was just..." He tried to explain, when a buzz went off. "That is my shirt, in the dryer. I'm gonna go get it." He said awkwardly walking inside.