Chapter 17: Picnic Day

You guys predicted it right. Next time, I'll try to come up with a better cliffhanger. 💪

Afaaf's POV

I opened the envelope and my eyes widened. Excitement bubbled inside me as I looked carefully at the tickets that were in my hand. WE WERE GOING FOR A HONEYMOON!

"We are leaving for Marrakech in seven days. I've booked a nice hotel and got some days off from work too", he kissed my cheek and pulled him into a tight hug.

"IMRAAAAAN! IMRAAAAAN! IMRAAAAAN! I LOVE YOU HABIBI! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH", I screamed next to his ears as I hugged him back with all the life in me.

This was so AWESOME! We were going to travel together! Only me and him. The two of us. Just us!

"I love you too Afi", he placed a kiss on my head.

Wait... Afi? I had a nickname?! I had a nickname! My heart melted and I fell in love with him another bit more.

When my heavy breaths settled and I became comfortable next to him I asked, "So 'Afi', huh?". I giggled.

"Why? Don't you like it?", he pulled away to look down at me, "Afi", he said the cute nickname again slowly allowing it to settle on his lips, "It's so cute! Just like... Like your cute nose", he touched the tip of my nose with his.

"Wait!", I realised something, "Amna might give birth in a few days. I don't want to miss that. I don't want to miss the delivery and everything after that!"

"I don't think you'll miss that. They said there are still three weeks left"

"But who knows what Allah has planned", I paused, "I want to go to Marrakech but I also want to be there at the birth"

"Don't worry Afi, we'll be back by that time. Anyways, we have our own babies to worry about so... I am certainly not going to cancel this trip", he spoke coming close again and just when his lips were inches away and suddenly I repelled.

I placed my hand on his chest slowly pushing myself away. I was scared of what he just said. A baby, a family, with him. I didn't know why, but these things scared me.

I looked up in his eyes. The spark, the shine, the twinkle in his eyes were all gone. Hope, in his dark eyes, was lighting out. I felt guilty. He was my husband. He had certain rights over me. Was I being sinful? I wanted to cry.

"I am sorry", I whispered.

He looked confused for a moment and then he pulled me back in his arms as I rested my head on his chest. "There's nothing to be sorry about", he said and then there was just pin drop silence. I was drowning in guilt and Imran, clearly hurt by what I just did. We went to bed after praying Isha. We remained silent as he fell asleep and it made me feel even more guilty when he didn't take my hand as always used to. I couldn't sleep well that night. I was wide awake looking at him, trying to make out his features in the darkness. When he was deep in his sleep and laid straight with his head fallen to the other side, I slipped my hand over his chest and placed it there feeling his heart beat.

I didn't deserve the space he was giving me because he wasn't doing it willingly. He was holding back his desires just so I could feel free in our relationship. I didn't wanted him to hold back but I also felt scared of that sudden closeness. I needed help before this problem grew larger and destroyed everything when everything was only starting to seem better.