Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

1936

Steve laid his head on Bucky's bare chest, rising with each breath Bucky took. Bucky held him close, his arms gathered around him as tight as he could. They were laying in Steve's bed, both of them still damp from the showers (emphasis on the 's') they just took.

"I like this," Bucky said, his chest vibrating against Steve's ear.

The blonde smiled softly, pressing himself closer to his boyfriend. God, Bucky was his boyfriend. Even after ten months of them being together it was hard to comprehend that Bucky was his. "Me too," he whispered.

"What are we going to do after high school?" Bucky asked, shifting so he can see Steve a bit better.

Steve moved to lay his chin on Bucky's chest, his thin arms moving to either side of him. "I don't know, what'd you have planned before you got held back?"

Bucky sighed and Steve giggled a bit as he moved with his chest. "You're a dork," Bucky said. He shook his head and leaned back against the pillow that was a little damp from his hair being wet. "I was just gonna live with my folks until you got out of school. I figured by then, I'd have a good job and have enough money saved to buy us a nice little apartment. That was before we got together, though. Things can change-" Bucky felt Steve shake his head. Bucky nodded, his lips curling into a grin. "I take it you like that plan?"

"As much as I love hearing you talk," Steve admitted. He laid his head against Bucky's chest again, running his fingers along the span of Bucky's chest.

Bucky let out a breathy laugh and brought his hand up to cup Steve's face. "God, I love you," he whispered.

"I love you, too," Steve mumbled. He leaned forward and captured Bucky's lips between his. Bucky smiled into the kiss, his hand sliding to the back of his neck. "Your lips taste incredible" Steve whispered.

Bucky smirked and kissed down Steve's jaw. "You should taste-" the sound of a door slamming shut caused the two to jump apart. "Shit," Bucky mumbled as they both scrambled to grab their boxers. "Thought you said your Ma wasn't going to be home for a while?"

Steve glanced at the watch on Bucky's wrist. "She's on time. Guess we lost track of time. . ." He pulled on his boxers and a pair of pajama bottoms before he slipped out the bedroom to greet his mother.

"Wait," Bucky hissed and grabbed Steve's arm. He snatched him inside, both of them stumbling on their pajamas. "Fix your hair, dammit," Bucky mumbled. He ran his fingers through Steve's hair, easing it into place again. When he finished, he pecked Steve's lips and turned him back to the door. "I'll be there in a minute," he whispered before he slapped Steve's ass.

Steve bit his lip, a giggle desperate to slip as he grabbed his ass. "Jerk."

"Punk." Bucky stuck out his tongue and shut the bedroom door.

~*~*~*~*~

Another month and the big day arrived. Steve and Bucky were graduating. "Can you believe it?" Bucky asked him as he fixed his hair in the mirror.

"It's been a long thirteen years," Steve started, "or fourteen in your case." Bucky fake laughed and bumped Steve's hip with his.

"Don't act like you hated it. Besides, if I hadn't gotten myself held back, you'd never get to say you dated the school quarterback and football captain," Bucky teased.

Steve blushed and continued tying his tie. "Touche."

"Anyways," Bucky started as he got ready to shave, "some of the guys are having a party later tonight. Wanna go check it out? Or are you going to turn into an old man when the clock strikes seven?"