TWENTY ONE

Niall's POV

After the appointment, Clair walks ahead of me out of the hospital. Few paparazzi are around and take pictures, asking how I'm feeling and if I'm going to manage to recover before the tour, but I ignore them. Clair holds the car door open for me and I quickly get in and buckle up. She closes the door and gets in on the driver's side. As she drives off, I look over to the entrance of the hospital and see her. Olivia. But it is really her? I can only see her from behind, walking into the hospital, yet I'm sure that it's her. She has her hair, her height, her shoes. But many girls have brown, curled hair and many girls are her height and have the same pair of shoes. I'm just hallucinating... again. It can't be her... but if it was, why did she walk into the hospital?

I start to worry as Clair drives us away from the hospital. She talks but I don't listen. Olivia is stuck in my head again, after I managed to not think about her during the appointment. Why did she walk into the hospital? Is she visiting someone or is she going to get herself checked? What if she has something serious?

"Niall?!" Clair tears me out of my thoughts and I snap back into reality.

"Sorry." I say, shaking my head. Clair gives me a questioning and concerned look. "I'm fine." I just mumble and take a deep breath.

"Are you sure?" She asks and I nod. "Okay... um, can we drive to Waitrose? My husband texted me. We need more diapers and milk." She says and I nod again.

"Yes, yes of course." I try to smile at her but it's weak and I quickly look away before she can ask why I'm upset all of the sudden.

Minutes later, we arrive at Waitrose and get out of the car. Clair offered me to stay in the car and wait, saying that she'll only be inside for a max of 5 minutes, but I insisted to go with her and help carrying something, even if it's only a small thing, since I still have to able to walk with my crutches. We get inside and Clair knows exactly where to go. She walks ahead, left, ahead, right until we arrive at the baby section. I look at the prices, surprised by how high they actually are. I never thought that baby would to be so expensive. "Damn." I mumble and look at Clair who takes two packs of diapers. "I should pay you more considering these prices." I say, making her laugh.

"You don't have to, Niall." She says and walks ahead of me. "But I wouldn't mind if you do." She adds, making me chuckle a bit. Good thing that I'm not expecting a baby any time soon, I think as I follow her to the milk. Clair gets what she needs and then I beg her for beer.

"Alcohol isn't good for your knee, Niall." She says shakes her head no.

"Why?" I want to know.

"Because you just had a knee surgery and it really isn't the best." She explains and I run my fingers through my hair.

"It won't kill me, Clair." I say, rolling my eyes at her.

"It won't make you recover faster either, Niall." She say and walks away.

"But I'm Irish." I say after her, making her turn around.

"So?" She asks.

"I'll survive a pint." I tell her and take a six-pack.

"Don't call me when your knee hurts more than it already does." Clair just says and walks to the cash register. I put the six-pack to the other things and pull my wallet out, ready to pay as soon as the cashier says the amount. When she does, Clair reaches into her bag, but I'm prepared and quicker to pay for everything.

"Niall." She says stern. I shrug and smile at her, taking my six-pack of beer. "You didn't have to pay." Clair says as she takes the diapers and the milk.