Chapter 5: Smiling for once

Chapter 5: Smiling for Once

I woke up and it was 5:32 pm. I got up and went to the bathroom. I hopped in the shower, 20 minutes later I got out. I got got dressed and thru my hair in a bun. Who was coming? I went downstairs and heard people talking. I tippy toed and eavesdropped. "What do you think of Jessica?" I heard a woman say. "I think she's real cool, she seems hurt but she hides it, she's a real sweet girl, extremely shy, I wanna get to know her more, but not get her uncomfortable." Justin replied. I smiled, real hard. "Justin why don't you wake up Jessi." I heard Jeremy say. Shit. I walked up the stairs really fast. I almost fell. I waked into my bedroom and closed the door slowly.

I jumped on my bed and got my phone out. I heard a knock. "Come in" I said. "Hey, it's me" Justin said smiling. "Hey" I smiled back. "Come on." He said. "Where we going?" I acted like I didn't know. "You'll see, come on." He replied. I walked out the room with him and walked downstairs. As we entered the room, I saw a petite woman sitting next to Jeremy. She turned around and stared at me. She stares at me a lot, observing me up and down, so did I. She began to cry, and stood up. I walked toward her and hugged her. It was Pattie. My mom. I cried in her shoulder. "I can't believe it's you." Pattie said. "I can't believe it's you, my mom" I replied back. "Tell me all about you, what you do, how was school, what's your favorite things, tell me everything." Pattie said.

"Uhh, I-" "Sorry I'm asking all this questions." She interrupted me. "It's okay, um I do gymnastics in my free time, I play the piano, drums, and guitar" I said. "Oh me too!" Justin said smiling. "I know." I said smiling back. He laughed and so did I. "School is okay I guess, High School is the worse, to much work." I added. Pattie listened and stared at me the whole time. We talked about our favorite things, we had many things in common. I liked that. It made me happy. I was bonding with my mom. "Well I have to go now. I'll come tomorrow." She said. "Bye guys." She hugged me and Justin and left. I smiled real big and went to the kitchen. I haven't smiled like this in a long time.

I went to the fridge and got milk. I went to the counter and got a bowl and cereal. I served myself and looked my phone. 3 missed phone calls. It was Chris. Aw, I forgot about Chris. I was so happy, and shocked about all that has happened that I forgot about him. I'll call him later. As I was eating I hear the door creek open. I turned around and it was Justin. "Hey" I said. "Hey" Justin replied. "Watcha eating?" He asked. "Cereal" I replied with my mouth full. Justin laughed and got a bowl. "Really? Coco Puffs." Justin smirked. "I'm starving, and that's all you had." I replied rolling my eyes. He laughed and served himself. We were both silent. "You were really happy seeing mom, right" he said breaking the silence. "Yeah, I mean I finally get to see and talk to her. It's amazing." I said smiling down.

"I'm glad you're happy." Justin said taking a bite. My phone began to ring and I checked to see who it was. It was Chris. "Hello." I said. "You forgot about me kid?" He said a smirking. "Of course not, I mean things have been crazy." I said. "Like what?" He said, I looked at Justin who was concerned. "I'll tell you later, how have you been?" I said changing the subject. "I've been good, you?" He asked. "Good, and tell me how are you doing with Kelly" I said wiggling my eyebrows. "What do you mean?" He said. I could tell he was blushing. "You know, ask her out. You've been her friend for like forever, just ask her out man." I said. Justin just laughed and looked confused. "I'm trying, and i just called you to make sure you were okay. Now I gotta go I have to sleep. I work tomorrow really early." He replied. "It's 7:30!" I said yelling. Justin laughed really hard. I gave him a look and rolled my eyes.

"Jessi, it's late out here. Remember you're in California." He said laughing. "Oh yeah, bye Chris." I said embarrassed. "Bye kiddo" he replied and hung up. Justin was still cracking up. "What's so funny?" I said angrily. "Nothing, who was that?" He said chuckling. "That was Chris, my guardian from New York." I replied. "Guardian? Why did you need a guardian I thought dad took care of you." He asked. "He did, but when I was 11 he would be out of town, a lot, so my dad hired a guardian for me." I replied. He looked at me confused. "Why? Was he doing work?" He asked. "I guess, he would come like once a year" I replied again. "Justin you're so lucky." I said.

"How? Cause of the fame? I had to earn that. Thanks to my fans, I'm thankful." He said with a huge smile on his face. "No, not that, I mean like being with mom, and how she was always there for you, and when you needed her, you had her." I said looking at the floor. "I know I feel very lucky, but you had dad, when I wanted to play ball with someone, like my dad, I didn't have the chance, you know father and son time, you're actually lucky." He said. "Not really" I said frowning. "What do you mean?" Justin asked concerned.

"Dad would always leave with this woman and leave me alone when I was little."