•Chapter Thirty-Five•

My head pounds and my wrists ache in pain. What's going on? I open my eyes but immediately close them again, due to the bright lights.

When my eyes adjust I look at my surrounding, panic itching through my veins. I'm in a white room and a wooden chair. To my left is a door, locked I'm guessing, and to my right is a window but I'm too low down to look out of it. Opposite me is another chair, similar to the one I'm sat on.

I try lift my hand up to ease the pressure of my head but it's bound against the other wrist by tight rope, making my wrists burn. My legs are tied to the legs of the chair and around my mouth is fabric, acting as a gag, stopping me from speaking.

I whimper and scream against it wriggling back and forth, trying hopelessly to get out. But whoever tied me up tied it well and I can hardly move.

"Oh, you're awake." A female voice speaks. I tense up in fear. Looking up, I see the door was now open and a woman was now standing in front of it.

Soon she comes in my view and my eyes widen. I know immediately that it's the woman that Tobias told me was interfering at Dauntless. She strides towards me in her heels as I look at her appearance. She's tall, with blonde hair, styled in a bun. She looks...normal, innocent. Someone you would least expect to kidnap someone.

"Beatrice Prior." She sneers, her fingers pitching my chin hard making me wince. She smiles. "I've waited so long to meet you. You have no idea of the lengths I had to go through to get you in this chair right now. The people I had to persuade to do as I ask."

I find myself wondering what she meant but then I realise I don't want to know. She leans forward and tugs the gag on my mouth so I can speak.

"What do you want from me?" I mumble, my lips still slightly numb from whatever they injected me with.

She lets out an evil and bitter laugh. "Don't worry, all will come clear soon, Beatrice." She says, so close her breath fans my face and I grimace. "Or should I say Tris?"

I gasp. Only Tobias, Christina, Will, Al and Uriah call me that. How did she find out my preferred nickname?

"Oh yes. I know all your little secrets." She says, almost in a sweet way. "But as I said, all will become clear soon and until then, you just sit tight."

And with that she secures the gag back over my mouth while I struggle and leaves the room, her long blue coat swishing behind her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What seems like a hours later the door reopens from behind me and I freeze. What are they going do to me?

"Why hello, princess." A familiar voice sneers from behind me and I gasp through my gag, finally realising everything. That voice. It's Peter.

When he comes into my view I narrow my eyes at him and struggle against the bounds to get away from him. He just laughs and grabs the gag and pulls it away from my mouth.

"I must say, I was expecting a friendlier reaction than that, princess." He says, fake pouting. "Come on, we have history."

"Peter, what do you want?" I say, hoping that I'll get some answers from him. But he just leans forward and smiles. I move my head to the side, trying to get away but it doesn't stop him from stoking my cheek. I nearly vomit with disgust.

"You're about to find out, princess." He says and just then, I hear the familiar heels click against the floorboards once again and I know the woman is back again. She sits herself down on the chair opposite, her clipboard in hand and Peter stands behind her with his never-leaving smirk.