SIX

After History, i sprinted out of that room.

Ryan, and then an unknown number which I soon realized was Kyle kept texting me through out class.

My phone was on vibrate, and on my desk so it rattled the desk making Mr. Hughes asking me to put my phone away in my bag.

How embarrassing first time in a new school, first block and my teacher probably thinks I'm so hooked or something.

I've avoided Ryan and the others all day, luckily I have lunch then a free block then I am set free from this school.

I'm currently in the giant cafeteria, i bought a water and an Apple and lucky me I see an empty table in my view.

I make my way over to it and place my things down before taking out my phone.

37 messages.

I know they are all from Kyle and Ryan so I delete them and about to bite into my Apple when two people plop down beside making my bones almost leap out of my body.

"Why did you not text me back?"

I look to see Ryan to my left and Kyle on my right.

"Do you guys like to tag team? You're never alone." I say as my heart rate slows down.

"I mean if you wanted us alone Just Mary you could just ask." Kyle says with a wink making me and Ryan laugh.

"Wait is that all your eating?" Ryan asks pointing to my water and apple.

Then I'm hit with a memory when Matthew Smitty, used to make fun of me during snack time when I would have crackers and a juic box.

"Wait, that's all you're eating? Don't you need to feed that thing you call your stomach?"

"Yes, i am. Is that a problem?" I ask raising my eyebrow.

Ryan gets nervous and shakes his head.

"No, not at all." He says.

Kyle laughs.

"Fiesty, i like it!" He says pulling some sort of tin foil object from his bag.

He opens it to reveal a cold chicken finger sub that looks absolutely delicious.

"Bro, did you bring me one?" Ryan asks Kyle who basically is shoving the sub down his throat.

"Obviously, you know Momma Peterson always makes a sub for her favorite boy Ryan." Kyle says with a full mouth throwing a sub at Ryan.

"Kyle's parents just opened a sub shop around in town. Best thing that ever happened to this place." Ryan says taking a bite.

"Thank God you guys found a table. I thought we would have to sit in the bistro this year again."

Coming around the table is Quin and Kayla.

"Hi Mary!" Kayla beams with a big smile.

"Hey Kayla." I smile back.

"Hows the first day treating ya?" She asks biting into a pizza.

"Its okay, still a little lost in finding my classes." I say before biting into my apple.

"You have free block last right?" Quin asks me.

"Yeah, how did you know?" I ask.

"All seniors have free block last block. We usually just leave and go do something. Some stay here and homework." She says  throwing her curly hair in bun.

"Neat." I say.

"Hey Ryan here comes your girlfriend." Quin says looking above him.

"She's not my girl friend." Ryan says rolling his eyes.