SIX:part two

"I'm freezing" Kayla says shivering.

We've been at the waterfall for maybe two hours.and it's starting to get colder because it's getting darker out.

"I think it's good to call it a night." Ryan says as we all head back to our clothes.

"Ryry can you give me a ride home?" Savannah says slowly putting her jeans back on.

Gag.

"Sorry Sav. I have to get home for dinner. Ask Kyle you guys live right next to eachother." Ryan chuckles.

"Oh sure." She says obviously defeated.

I quickly get back into my clothes, which are now wet from my undergarments .

We make our way to the parking lot, I'm about to get into Quins car when I hear my name.

I turn to see Ryan looking at me.

"Want a ride home?" He asks.

I look to Quin who has a grin in her face.

I roll my eyes.

"Sure." I say grabbing my things.

I walk to his truck and hop in.

"You're not taking me on a surprise date are you?" I chuckle placing my bag beside his.

He laughs.

"No, i really have to get home for dinner. Maybe next time." He smirks.

As we pull out I make eye co tact with a very angry Savannah.

I avert my eyes to my lap and stay like that the whole ride home.

"I'm glad you came with us." Ryan says parking his car in his driveway.

"Yeah me too. It was fun." I say opening the door and grabbing my bag.

"Would you like a ride tomorrow?" He asks meeting me behind his car.

"Sure, that would be great." I say with a small smile.

"Alright cool." He grins madly.

"Everyone is coming over for breakfast tomorrow around 6:30. So just walk over then after we can go." He says.

"Okay, see you tomorrow." I say awkwardly.

He looks like he wants to say more but doesn't so take my chance and walk away.

As soon as I walk in the door, i am faced with an angry Anna Maria.

"Where the hell were you Mary Grace? " She shouts.

Shit.

"I went out with some friends afterschool. I forgot to text you." I say.

"What friends? You're new here? I was sitting outside your school for a whole hour! I almost called the police. You're so lucky mom and Charles aren't here."

"Okay, one I met some friends. Two I'm sorry and three where is mom and Charles?" I ask.

"They took Sarah to some boy band concert. They were selling tickets at the local store." Anna  Maria replies.

"Oh, we'll I'm going to do my homework."  I say taking a step to the side.

"Alright well where's your bookbag?" Anna Maria asks.

I tilt my head in confusion listing my bag up.

"Thats not yours." She says pointing to the bag.

I look at the bag in my hand and sure enough it isn't my backpack.

Instead it's a black Nike bookbag.