Chapter-Thirty Nine: Pool-side

A/N: And good day to you :3

I want to get at least another chapter or two out in the next seven days before work starts up again.

Let's see how that goes...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Thirty-Nine: Pool-side

At first, the most I was expected to do was walk around the tunnels, looking at the artificial scenery that Oz and Seth cooked up to hide the dark and creepy subway. I walked through savannah and rainforest, tundra and desert. It was all pretty impressive but because I knew that none of it was real and I had seen some of it in real life...it didn't give me the feeling of grandeur that I think they were going for. But that didn't stop me from finding it fascinating, and Lady made up for the both of us, I think.

She was so curious about everything and when I told her that it was all based on real places, I think it was safe to say that she really lost her shit. I had to wonder at where she was before she walked into the rundown café and she only replied with dark emotions...and something that I could only as a place that was completely devoid of colour and light.

They next dropped me into a hidden room that help an Olympic sized swimming pool that looked pretty typical from what I remember a pool should look like; a giant stadium with a body of water in the middle. Pretty standard. The lights were pretty intense as well and I notice on the side was a rapid pool that I knew they were going to expect me to swimming against its goddamn current.

A few of the other people were there from time to time but it appeared to be mostly empty. Aside from the goddamn cat refusing to leave the water for hours on end...she even got to making blowing bubbles in the shallow end with her nose which amused her for days.

Everyone but X, Seth and Oz gave us a wide berth, even leaving the areas completely when we walked towards them. At first it did bother me but Lady soon distracted me and X was never far away. But every day without a word from Siem had me more and more on edge.

I stare at my legs as I dangle from the edge of the pool as they were completely submerged in the water. Lady was busy swimming around in a circle after a giant plastic ball that was slowly filling with water. I had to wonder how long it had been....a week? A month? I had never had to think much about how time was constructed for years. The only way any of us knew if it had been a year or not was because the seasons changed. But now that I have been dragged back into this human contraption we call 'time' I've become painfully aware of every second that ticks by. Every minute lost forever. Every day that I am becoming further and further away from Cody and Anne. Then this constant worry and the nightmares meld together and I forget how much time passes once again only to come back full circle to the fact that I am sitting here on the verge of a breakdown because it feels like I'm doing shit all to fix that.

My gaze moves up to the door that led out of here. It was a simple white door that melded in with the wall and was hard to spot save the for the silver handle shinning at me like a beacon daring me to run and escape. But the next issue was the fact that the only way out of this underground mess involved securely locked doors and I had no way of knowing where I'd end up. I have no knowledge of Bolin. Not to mention X would stop me before I even reach the damn door.

"Yes, I would."

The sudden noise made me jump and turn to see X squatting beside me. "Could you not do that?" I mutter, almost ready to hit him for almost inducing a heart attack for the billionth time. "Another thing. Are you also in my head?" Already have a flippin tiger, why not add X as well. Sounds like a real party.