Twenty-Eight

Cadence woke screaming, her body tingled and it was as if she were being stabbed over and over again throughout her whole body

Cadence woke screaming, her body tingled and it was as if she were being stabbed over and over again throughout her whole body. She knew instantly that she wasn't in the basement, because she could no longer feel the chain holding her in place. She barely managed to open her eyes and look around. Before she closed her eyes, she realized that she was placed in a room. Even though she hadn't seen it, Cadence could feel a fire blazing and hear the cracking and pops of the wood burning. She groaned as she began to shiver, Cadence moved restlessly on the bed, or at least what she thought was a bed and she was close to shifting just to help ease the pain she felt.

"Hmmm, you look miserable Cadence." Thomas said from the door way. He had been there the entire time and honestly, he couldn't deny that he enjoyed watching her wither on the bed. He had so many thoughts that went through his head when he thought about Cadence laying in his bed, but seeing her vulnerable like she was, was just as satisfying as the other thoughts.

Cadence's eyes shot open, "d-d-dis-gust m-m" Cadence closed her mouth, trying to breath through the shivers racking her body, but she knew from experience that they weren't going anywhere for a little while. she would just have to make it through while trying to protect herself against Thomas.

"What was that?" Thomas smirked, circling around the bed. "You see, I thought about the perfect punishment for you and I came up with this. I knew that even a werewolf would have issues with being basically frozen and then placed somewhere warm. It seems quiet painful."

No matter how much Cadence tried, each and every time she opened her mouth to say something all she could manage was a groan of pain.

*

*

Connor paced back and forth watching the former Monroe territory. He could smell his mate somewhere within the territory, but he couldn't simply rush in. Not yet, he had to figure out their border patrol sequence. When did everyone switch shifts?

"I know it's hard Connor, but she'll be okay." Jake said, trying his best to reassure his friend. He couldn't imagine being put in Connor's position. Connor hadn't even fully claimed Cadence and now, there was a chance that he wouldn't ever get that opportunity. Wolves mate for life and as messed up as it was, a rivaling wolf could steal away a unclaimed mate.

Connor ran his fingers through his hair, "I can't help, but think that the longer she's in his possession the more chance I have to losing her. I can't lose her Jake." Connor whispered.

Jake patted Connor on the back, about to hopefully speak more words of encouragement, but went quiet and tapped Connor as he seen movement in front of them. Everyone crouched down and watched. It seemed that they finally were getting the information they wanted. This would be the last shift change until morning and this would be the perfect time to move in.

"Sander, Aden" Connor didn't have to explain or tell them what he wanted them to do. They knew well enough that Connor wanted the boarder patrol taken out. It was part of their plan after all. "Move in. Only children and woman live. The rest die. Thomas is mine." Connor growled, moving forward into the courtyard. His only thoughts were to follow Cadence's scent and pray to the goddess that it wasn't too late.  

*

*

VERY short chapter, so sorry. I'm hoping to get another chapter out today, but I can't promise anything.

Honestly if I could write a story of my trip here it would be filled with drama, drama, drama Lol.