XIII. Missing Persons Report

Chapter 13: Missing Persons Report

~. . . .~ 

An original short story by 

TheBirdWhoCannotFly 

A/N~ SO TERRIBLE THINGS HAS REACHED OVER 400 READS. WELL, SLAP ME SILLY AND CALL ME A NEWBORN BABY!!!! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS ILY ALL SO MUCH !!!!! NOW HERE IS CHAPTER 13. IT'S SHIT. BUT HEY, WHY NOT. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

~. . . .~ 

Jamie~

Adrian's wrist... He... cut? 

Out of complete nowhere, Adrian bolted from his seat on the floor and dove for the bathroom under the stairs. I heard retching and wet heaving, and knew he must have thrown up.  

Why would he do this to himself? When? They looked fairly recent, but not too recent so it might have been about a week ago, maybe? 

Was it the night Jay came home? We did leave him alone, locked, in his room for about an hour while he had an emotional breakdown. That would be plenty of time. 

I meant to go after him. To hold his hand and rub his back soothingly while he threw his breakfast in the toilet. But, I was rooted to the floor. No matter how hard I tried, my legs wouldn't cooperate. Why didn't he tell me? Did he think I'd be mad? Well, I was. But not at him. I was mad with myself. For being a terrible boyfriend. I'm supposed to know these things like a sixth sense, wasn't I? 

The wet heaves soon turned dry, and then quiet little sobs. He was crying his beautiful green eyes out, alone, in a bathroom after vomiting. I should be there. 

Finally, I shoved up and jogged to the bathroom. The sobs were choked and quiet, but I heard them. 

"Adrian." I say through the door. The sobs stopped but I could tell he was holding them in his throat.

"Can I open the door?" I ask, making sure my tone was gentle and showed the compassion I felt for him. I heard the lock click and I turned the doorknob. The sight broke my heart. 

Adrian was sitting with his knees up to his chest. His arms, which were shaking, covered his head while his face was well hidden behind knees. He sucked air through his stuffed nose. I couldn't help the guilt that made my stomach tighten. All because of me, Adrian was a mess at my feet. I couldn't have left well enough alone. Even though I wish he'd said something.

Not making a sound, I closed the door behind me and sat against it, across from Adrian. Still, I said nothing. We sat in complete silence. After a few minutes, Adrian let out an almost silent sob as his body shook. I scooted closer to him and slowly put my hand on his knee. Adrian looked up at me and I saw the collision of tears and a little snot on his face. He looked miserable. I want nothing more than to hug him. So, I opened my arms to him. He considered it for a few seconds before throwing himself at me. 

We hugged and I held him while he cried out his frustrations. After some of his sobbing died down, we finally spoke.  

"I'm sorry..." He mumbled. But he didn't say it once, but about ten times. "Please don't leave me." I heard, but I wasn't sure if I heard correctly. He was afraid I was going to leave him?! Did he not understand how much I cared about him? 

"Adrian, I could never do that. I care about you. I would be a bigger mess than I already am without you. Just because you made one mistake, doesn't call for me to break up with you. What makes you think I would do that?" How could he even think I would break up with him?