Chapter 14- Becoming The Bad Boy's....What?

Adrian manages to compose himself and offers his hand before pulling me up off the floor. Whatever, I made the floor look good, that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it. I watch out of the corner of my eye as Drew coughs into his fist trying to hide his laughter while he stands a couple of feet away from us. Yeah, laugh it up buddy, I’ll be laughing in the end.

                “Pay him no attention, make it look like you don’t care about him, like you barely see him,” Adrian whispers in my ear.

                “I don’t care about him,” I bite back quickly. I mean seriously, Drew means nothing to me, except for he took Lucy away and the fact that he scares me yet makes me wonder at the same time, aside from all of that he means nothing to me.

                “Suuure, and you’re not a klutz,” he remarks.

                “It’s easy to trip on air, you can’t see it,” I protest with a scowl on my face.

                “Come on,” he puts his hand on my back as he leads me away from that hall. I make a show of completely ignoring Drew, adding in a toss of my hair over my shoulder. That’s right I can be a bitch too.

                “What was that, it looked like your neck was having a spasm,” Adrian points out as he leads me to the cafeteria. Our late arrivals making our appearance seem kind of pointless. I follow Adrian towards the lunch table where everybody sits, except Drew of course. Kohl’s eyes light up as he notices me, getting up and pulling out a chair for me right next to him. I smile and reply to everyone’s greetings, all of them knowing why I’ve been absent except for Ruby.

                “Where have you been?” she exclaims as she takes in my disgruntled appearance.

                Falling into a trashcan will do that to you.

               “She fell into a pile of shit,” Adrian answers the unasked question.

               Yes, thank you Adrian.

               “I’ve just been out,” I give Ruby a lame excuse.

              “Well, I missed you and the project’s almost done, Drew helped a lot in your absence,” she explains. I just nod and give her a tight smile at the mention of that wretched name.

                Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

         “Hey,” Drew mumbles as he takes a seat at the other end of the table. We all give him careless ‘hellos’ as we look away from him, except for Ruby, whose smile always manages to light up the place. I feel a shiver crawl down my spine as I feel that all too familiar stare on me.

             “I’m gonna go to the bathroom, to fix this,” I point to myself as I get up from the table trying to get away from Drew.

            “Wait up,” I hear Sammy’s voice calls out making me stop. She catches up with Ruby on her side, we all head into the restroom and they help me clean up.

            “So, what’s up with you and Drew?” Ruby asks curiously.

         “They had a falling out, my brother’s an ass,” Sammy explains with a scowl as she fixes my hair.

            “Thanks,” I tell them both as I step down from the counter with a small smile.

           We all head out and we go our separate ways as the bell rings. I head off thoughtfully on my route to Art class, why did I even come to school for one class only? Oh yeah, to get back at Drew. I step into class and head to my table where Adrian already slumps carelessly at.