Chapter 28- The Bad Boy's...Heart

Song On The Side: The 1975- Robbers

Drew’s POV:

                There’s a fracture of time in which the beating of my heart just up and quits at the sight of my dad, the man responsible for my mother’s death, so close to Khloe. In this moment I want to stomp over to him, grab him by the collar and inflict on him the pain he’s caused what used to be our ‘family’. I was about to do just that when the picture of what I’m seeing comes into focus, the both of them sitting down as if conversing with one another. Khloe’s eyes meet mine and the guilt in them makes the betrayal all the more forceful.

                “I knew you were hiding something,” the words slip out of my mouth as I step inside the room and shut the door behind me. The silence permeates the air like a tidal wave washing over us and consuming the oxygen from my lungs. For minutes my eyes can’t look at Khloe, so contradictorily to the moments in which I can’t take my gaze off her. There’s a cold grip in my chest that feels as if I’m being crushed, it’s that she’s the one that hid him in the house that really doesn’t sit well with me. Why’d it have to be her? Why not someone else?

                “I can explain,” she finally blurts out with a slight tremble in her voice. It almost makes me want to smile, that jumpy-nervous personality one of the things I like most about her.

                “Can you?” she flinches at the cool tone of my voice. My dad, Damian, just sits in his chair calmly, as if he has no care in the world. And why should he, he’s not the one that had to deal with the consequences of his actions. Whatever reason he had to break my mom’s heart and remove her from our home, whatever it is, I’ll never forgive him. Now the question that’s ringing in my head is, can I forgive Khloe for bringing him into the house, so close to Lucy?  I lean back against the wall as she opens and closes her mouth in several attempts to explain her actions.

                “Well,” I prompt.

                “Well, who gave you the right to barge into the room?” she throws her hands up, her brown locks flailing with them. I cock an eyebrow and her shoulders slump as she buries herself further into the chair. “I was hiding him in the panic room that’s in the closet under the stairs,” she murmurs but is heard in the otherwise silent room. My eyebrows raise in surprise.

                “That’s why you kept sneaking in there? I thought you were doing some sort of Harry Potter reenactment,” I reply.

                “Why does everyone keep thinking that?” her outburst makes me want to laugh, my dad doesn’t hold his smile back.

                “Because you have a duplicate wand along with the Gryffindor robe,” I shrug.

                “Were you going through my closet?” she scowls while folding her arms across her chest, not that I was staring or anything. Not at all.

                “Maybe,” I quip.

                “What are you doing?” Khloe questions curiously as I pull out my phone and dial someone to help me with this situation. Her eyes widen and I think she knows who it is I’m calling, I smirk.

                “Can’t you fuck off for an hour or something?” Adrian’s usual cheery greeting makes me roll my eyes.

                “Come to the study, Khloe has a surprise for all of us,” I smile at her but I think she knows not much good is going to come from it. Her gaze keeps straying towards the window, motioning to my dad and the window as if telling him to jump. I wouldn’t doubt they’d do it seeing as the study is on the first floor.