Chapter One

Sydney

'Baby I was born this way, baby I was born this way!'

The only thing I didn't do was put my middle fingers up and tracked the tricked out she-lion driven mustang.

"Fuck you Lady Gaga" I ranted "sometimes it's the choices you make" I shook my head sadly as I slowly walked to my destination. I can admit that I've made some bad choices, others were made for me and quite a few were forced on me.

I got the looks from other Pride members, being shunned does that to you. They stare and whisper to each other but ignore your very existence at the same time-that shit should be considered a skill.

My path was cleared all the way to the Pride Leader's door. Lions and lionesses moved out of my way as if I am some kind of leper. Whispers rose and with my feline hearing I could make out the words 'whore' and 'disgrace' even 'bastard' all were true, in the context of which they're thinking.

Steeling my spine I knocked on the door.

"Enter" Pride Leader calls and and I did, back into the house I once called home but no longer. I disrespected this house, the past Pride Leaders that once resided here.

"What do you want Sydney?" Pride Leader snarls. Nervousness got the better of me, I licked at my dry lips, wiped my sweaty palms down my pant legs and I'm pretty sure I looked just as twitchy as I felt.

"I... my ... the pearl" I stuttered.

"Why do you want it?" he asked. I took a fortifying breath; I could smell his consort close by.

"I just.. I need it, Sir. I-It's mine" I kept my eyes on the ground. I used the word sir instead of his name, I am forbidden to say it or even think it after what I did to him.

"Are you using again Sydney?" he asks taking hold of my arm.

"Are you going to sell it? Pawn it? For another fix you junkie?" he sneered pulling me closer to him roughly.

No, if I get any closer to him he would know. I tried running; it was pure instinct, stupid but in my defense, I got more of the flight gene than the fight ones.

Before I could make it two feet to the door Pride Leader's consort, Xanos had me pinned to a wall.

"You're pregnant!" he gasped.

Fuck! I was hoping the large sweatshirt and the cologne I doused myself in would hide the scent.

"What!" Pride Leader roared, a flash of claws and and my little baby bump was on full display.

"I need the pearl. He'll be due in three months. I don't have enough money for the delivery and all the things he'll need" I whimpered covering my cub, protecting him as best as I could from their stares. I still haven't looked at either of my Leaders. I don't have that right, not anymore.

"So you were going to sell it" He says accusingly, I heard a soft slap and I knew Xanos slapped him lightly.

"Sell it, pawn it. Anything to get me the cash I need to take care of my cub" I looked at my bump, my entire life revolved around the little Pride Male inside me now.

"Is he..." Pride Leader trailed off, I know what he wanted to ask, I confirmed the unfinished question with a nod. I heard nothing for a few minutes, then a loud sigh from Pride Leader.

"Fine mate, but you owe me big time" he said making sure his tone implied he would be collecting and he would be collecting soon. I blushed hard, it's the pregnancy hormones I swear, it has sex on my brain every hour of every day for the past two weeks.

"I'll pay your medical bills, set you up with whatever you'll need for the cub" he spat the word cub and I could feel his glare.

"Thank you Sir but I'll decline your offer. My pearl please" I say trying to pull my torn sweatshirt closed. I don't want to take anything else from him, I've taken enough.

I stared at Xanos' knees in front of me. I quickly dropped my eyes to the floor when he lowered himself to them. I wasn't aware I was sitting on the floor, my knees drawn up to my chest like a frightened child until now.

"You're going to have a cub Sydney and we are offering you help" Xanos says softly brushing my hair away from my eyes and trying to look at me. I closed my eyes tightly, I was forbidden to look at them.

"Look at me Sydney" he says softly taking my face in his warm hands "you can consider it a loan" my eyes opened of their own accord and I looked at Xanos "you could repay us when you can. We'll hold your pearl as security" he adds softly.

I just looked at him; the warmth of his hands on my face had me forcing myself not to nuzzle his palms. My eyes tear up and I felt like bawling in relief.

"Thank you" I whispered and attempted to get off the ground when Xanos released me. I made a couple of tries before I was able to get up but having a distended stomach does that to you.

"Sydney" Pride Leader says my name just as my hand rested on the doorknob "where are you staying? Where have you been since?" he asked, I could hear the concern in his voice and I wanted to bite his face off.

"The woods" I replied.

"Why?" Pride Leader frowns hard.

"It's treason to harbor the shunned" I replied curtly. Did he forget? He's Pride Leader for crying out loud.

"Oh right... shit!" he whispered "I'll transfer the funds into your account tonight".

"Thank you. I... I want to move... away from here. The next town over" I say turning to his voice, my eyes on his chest and braced myself for the fallout.

There was tense silence for a few minutes "alright then" he replied glumly.

"Good bye" I whispered, I figured Smithtown would be the next best thing. It's specie-neutral and far enough away.

"Sydney, come here" Pride Leader says and I walked to him, well waddled until his toes came into view. My heart almost gave out when his arms came around me. Tears welled in my eyes and I hugged him back.

"Take care alright? And call if you need anything" he says pressing a kiss to my forehead. I couldn't say a thing even if I wanted to so I nodded and buried my face in his chest again.

"Shit, sorry" Angelo says quickly. Steeling my spine a second time, I pulled my sweatshirt closed once more and looked at my Leader for the last time.

"Bye" I whispered and walked stiffly past Angelo, holding my breath until I was out the door. I looked around the community, glancing at Leader's door I whispered my final goodbye to the place I once called home, the people I once called family, the male that doesn't want me; the father of my cub.

Hugging myself tighter "Goodbye Angelo" I whispered and slowly made my way to the camp I set up in the woods and gathered my little possessions and waited till the morning when that money hits my account I'm so gone.

***************************************************************************************************************************

A/N

Sorry for the late update.

KaySetonks

DanielleWilson89

LLAP15