Chapter 9

Kiara's P.O.V
"good morning Dr Kiara" nurse Marla greeted me as I entered Jason's mate room, "good morning Marla, did he wake up yet?" she shook her head in disappointment. I sighed and started checking him, as we both were discussing, we heard a low groan, my head snapped to him and we saw that he was waking up. "Quick Marla call Doctor Pride, tell him that he's waking up" she nodded and rushed out to inform him.

He opened his eyes and frowned when he realised he's in hospital "hello there" he startled at my voice and glazed at me "Relax, you're in the hospital and I'm your Doctor" he nodded and tries to get up I moved towards him and helped him to sit properly, "where am I?" he whispered, I took a glass of water and handled him "you're in BloodWood Pack" and then I explained to him how we found him near our border in an unconscious state.

"what's your name?" I asked him, "I'm Jeremy" I smiled at him "can I know what happened to you or who did that to you?" his eyes widened and tears formed in them.
"hey don't cry, it's okay you can tell me later" I rubbed his back, he relaxes and nods his head.
"Okay tell me how are you feeling now?" he glanced at his body "I'm all healed but my Wolf is whining and it's causing me a headache," he said. I chuckled "what's your Wolf is saying?" I asked him softly, he bit his lip and remained silent for few seconds "umm he's saying that mate is here" suddenly the door slammed open and Jason was running towards us. He hugged Jeremy and cried, Jeremy sat there in shock.

"Jason, he needs to breathe and you're choking him",  he seems to realise it so he pulls back and smiles widely at him "hello, umm I'm Jason" I laugh at his blush.

"Jason? But my Wolf is saying that you're Mate!" Jeremy frowns "yes I'm your mate and my name is Jason Pride" he smiles. "what is mate?" he asks me making us frown "you don't know what mate is?" I ask him. He shook his head "Master never told me" he mutters "Master?" Jason asks which makes Jeremy gasp and cover his mouth "Jeremy did your master did that all to you?" I ask him and he nods which makes Jason growl. Jeremy flinches and leans towards me holding my hand "Jason you're scaring him" I scold him and hold Jeremy as he whimpers in fear.

"Jason can you give us a minute, I want to talk to him alone" he glances at me "please" I stress it so that he understands me "okay" he sighs and walks towards Jeremy, he kisses his forehead and leaves the room.

"is he sad?" Jeremy whispers, I smile knowing that the mate bond is making him see through Jason's feelings.

"Jeremy, what do you know about werewolves?" I ask while sitting beside him, "umm we can shift into a wolf whenever we want, our wolves can talk with us, they are like our best friends, my wolf is my best friend, he cares for me, he heals all my wounds" he beams like a small kid. I chuckle and ruffle his hair "what's your name?" he asks "My name is Kiara and I'm a human" he looks at me with confusion "beta of this pack is my mate" I explain. "can you tell me what is a mate?" I shook my head "Jason will explain you everything" his eyes widened and he looks down at his hands.

"Jeremy, he will never hurt you, he will love you and will take care of you, he will protect you from every harm, believe in him okay?" he thinks for some time and nods, "my wolf says the same thing" I smile and nod at him "listen to your wolf and I've to go now, I have other patients to attend. I'll send Jason inside. He will explain everything to you" I say to him "will you visit me again?" he asks with a pout forming on his lips, he looks like a small kid "of course" he smiles widely and stretches his arms for a hug, I hug him and say goodbye while going out.

As I went out of his room, I noticed Jason pacing in the hallway, "Jason" I call him and he rushes to me "shhh" I raised my hand to stop him from talking "listen to me first" he nods "I know you want to know everything which has happened to him, but I have seen that he is scared of someone and he is not going to tell us soon, so I suggest you, take things slow, first tell him everything about werewolves and mates, he needs to know that and let him recover, let him trust you completely then he will come out of his shell and he will let us know whatever happened to him" I explain, he just stands there listening to me "okay, I'll keep my Wolf in control, and I'll try to make him trust me before asking him anything about his past" he sighs and walks inside to meet his mate.