The truth

Note: Rewritten but not triple checked for spelling and grammatical errors. If you see any feel free to comment

"I'm a wolf."

It took a moment for what he said to register. Looking at him, I expected him to bust out laughing and tell me it was all just a joke. He didn't. He simply sat there studying my face.

I mean, he gives me this whole explanation of some monster called a vampire, but when I ask him what he is, he's simply a wolf? What is that even supposed to mean?

"Like the animal?" I mimicked a wolfs howl as if I were singing along with one to the moon.

Cracking a sexy smile he looked me over with amused, lustful eyes. They made me melt in his lap. "That was absolutely the most adorable thing I've ever seen in my life. But yes, like the animal."

Leaning in closer, I looked for any hint that he was lying but found nothing. Dominik wasn't one to lie anyways. Perhaps he was an expert at leaving things out and remaining silent when it came to secrets, but lying wasn't him.

It was just so hard to believe. I mean, the whole vampire thing was a stretch and the only reason I remotely believe they exist is because of Ana. But how was I supposed to look at Dominik, so close up and personal, and believe he was a wolf. Where's my proof?

My hand laid on his chest, on his human skin. It felt so permanent that I could never imagine it stretching and shifting to form a furry, wild dog.

"You don't believe me?" He chuckled expectantly. He had already known what my reaction was going to be, obviously.

"Dominik, are you joking?" I sighed, wanting to know the truth. I was curious to know about Dominik, to know all of the things he kept hidden. I wanted to see every part of him.

"A joke?" He grinned wickedly before sliding his hands up my back. It was so slight, so soft, it tickled as his touched me. It filled me with impatience. I let my head lull back, my mind muddled. He pulled me to his chest, leaving no space between us and nipped at my chin with his sharp teeth. "Im as honest as your face when I touch you like this."

My cheeks burned with embarrassment, turning as rosy as the heat pressing down beneath me. How was I supposed to hide anything when I'm hit so hard with such pure, addictive bliss. I'm torn open with every touch, unable to hold in my delight. My body screams for him. There was no holding back, it just was not an option. My face displayed my exact feelings despite my wishes but I wasn't upset that knew I liked it. Because if he didn't know how much it effected me, how was he supposed to know to keep going.

I whimpered in submission as his nose slid up the side of my neck, slow and torturously sensual. He was toying with me. And to be completely honest, I was loving it.

"You look so sexy right now." He purred in my ear, his hot breath tickling my skin, sending a delicious chill through me. "I could just-."

His tongue slid along the edge of my jaw making me shiver and gasp with glee. No one could ever make me feel this way besides Dominik.

"Would you like me to show you?" He hummed, thumb on my chin as he tipped it down to bring my eyes to his.

"Show me what?" I whispered along his lips as his hand slid up my stomach, slowly burning my skin with his heavenly touch. My mind was far gone, just a cloud handing around ears and eyes. All could see, all I could feel, all I could hear, was Dominik. He filled me.

"Do you want me to show you what I am?" He clarified, his mouth not but a centimeter from mine. The movement of his lips brought them closer and I could practically feel them brush. I
My eyes lulled closed for a moment, my body buzzing and throbbing for him. I felt his eyes on me as I bathed in the glory of the magnificent high he gave me. I didn't care that he was watching, I shook my head in delight as his hands cupped my breasts.

"Well, as much as I'm loving this, and believe me I am," He groaned. I opened my heavy eyes again to see his glowing an unnaturally bright green. Anyone else would have found it a least a little scary but not me. It was absolutely beautiful, like the glowing of lightning bugs. Shining a flaming green, they burned with such passion and emotion, I swear I almost fainted in awe. "I'm losing control."

"And?"

"Losing control can be dangerous." His eyes were locked with mine as he slid his hands back down my stomach, stopping while he still could.

"I trust you. You won't hurt me."

Cracking a devious smile, he licked his lips, his eyes growing brighter by the second. "You may trust me, but I don't trust me."

"Dominik!" I cried as his hands left my skin, coming out from under my dress to plop sadly on the bed.

When his name left my lips he groaned almost painfully, his eyelids dropped half way as his eyes glowed to a maximum. "Roza, I don't want to scare you."

"I won't be scared." I whispered.

If I were being honest, deep down I was trying to convince myself as much as I was him. Although, I knew for a fact Dominik would never hurt me, I didn't know how I would react seeing him as a wolf. I wasn't sure of anything but the fact that I loved him.

The words hung on my tongue, wanting desperately to leave my mouth but something else left instead.

"I don't care if I get scared. If I do, it'll be temporary." I slid my hands along his face, cupping it and forcing it to stay close. "I could never be truly scared of you."

"You will be." I saw a pinch of fear coat his glowing eyes for a split second before it disappeared and they began to dim. "If you decide to leave, I won't stop you."

"Leave?" I backed up looking at him in utter shock. He expected me to want to leave?

"Of course I won't just let you leave with nothing but the clothes on your back. I'll make sure you have everything you need. A house, help, money-" He began but I stopped him quickly with my index finger to his lips.

I laughed aloud despite the ting of anger ricocheting off my heart.

"I'm not going anywhere. Even if you turn out to be the boogeyman, I'm not going to run. It doesn't matter how scared I am, it doesn't matter what you are." I smiled. "I know you truly have a heart of gold."

He simply stared at me as if I had said something absolutely ridiculous. Had I? I mean what I said was one hundred percent true. Maybe I'd leave for a few days to let it all sink in, but I couldn't leave forever. Never.

"You are absolutely perfect." He whispered against my lips.

"I am?"

"You truly are." He chuckled. "How I was lucky enough to get you as my mate, is unbelievable."

I knew I wasn't perfect, but knowing that's how he saw me, it made me feel loved, wanted. Something that was new to me. Something that had been missing from my life until I met this man. There was no way on earth that I could ever leave him.

And I kissed him so deeply that he knew I wasn't going anywhere.