6-Sleepyhead

[Jenna's POV]

---

My eyes nearly bug out of my head and Alex kicks me under the table. I glare at her while I kick her back.

"It's your f***ing destiny, Jenna!" Alex yells quite loudly, earning us a few curious glances from around the restaurant.

I gasp at her rough language and quickly excuse myself from the table.

I decide to hide in the bathroom until pretty-boy leaves. I duck behind plants as I make my way to the restroom. I finally push through the door and take a deep breath.

It's just a coincidence. He couldn't possibly know I was here. Maybe he chipped me. No, that's silly. He most likely has someone following me. That idiot! I told him not to look for me, and what does he do? He tweets a picture of me and possibly follow me to a restaurant.

Lovely.

Two teenage girls come into the bathroom in the middle if a conversation but quickly silence themselves upon my sight.

"Your boyfriend is out there looking for you." The tall brunette says with a smile.

"He's defiantly not my boyfriend. I actually trying to avoid the guy. Want to make a quick ten bucks?"

The girls both look at each other then nod.

---

"Almost done." The short blonde says to me. They have been unscrewing the window pane for about five minutes. I plan on crawling out the window and texting Alex once I'm safely inside the car.

I pull a ten dollar bill out of my wallet and hand it to the brunette. She smiles approvingly and finishes her task by pulling the glass out if the window and setting it under the sinks.

"Thank you two so much!" I exclaim.

The girls whisper something to each other then the blonde pulls a pen pad and ink pen out of her purse.

"Can we maybe get your autograph, and a picture?" The blonde asks, handing me the pen.

"Um, I'm not anyone special. I'm just Jenna." I say while shrugging.

"Please," the brunette looks up, "you might be some day."

After a mini-stare down, I sign the paper and take a selfie with the girls.

"Thank you girls so much again, you just made my day so much easier." I quickly hug them both and prepare myself to crawl out the window.

I step up onto the sink counter and grab a hold on the bricks that cover the exterior.

They both wish me luck as I heave my body out into the soft grass. Somehow, New Tork hasn't gotten an inch of snow. It's January and zero snow has fallen, well, there were a few dustings here and there but nothing to make it seem like winter.

The bad part is that I'm on a completely different side of the building then where we parked, and I'll probably have to go around the small river that runs directly past The Butler. I sweep my eyes across the ground and notice an escape route. There are docks lined up on the river and there is one part where the docks on the opposite side line up nearly perfectly.

If I take off my shoes, I should be able to jump it. I make my way down the small hill and slide off my heels, passing by the largest window the restaurant owns, catching the eye of one particular person.

We make eye contact for a split second and my body freezes. The boy gracefully slides up from his seat and paces to the side door.

I must look like a dear in the headlights. Everything plays out in slow motion while to things happen at once.