BROTHERS ARE IDIOTS

Ariel McCall was annoyed at her brother. Scott had always been the more caring, empathetic of the two, letting his heart drive him. That's what made him kind and Ariel loved that aspect about him. Except, however, when he let his heart turn him into a complete lovesick dipshit.

"I can't believe you."

"She's my girlfriend okay! I don't wanna be away from her because I don't want to be without her!" Scott banged his head on the window of Ariels car.

"No, you don't wanna stay away from her because you're a hormonal teenage boy." Ariel took a sharp turn, her little Honda letting out a screech as the spun onto their road. "I get that you're in honeymoon stage and all, but this is life or death!"

"Just because Derek says so doesn't mean it's true." Her brother pouted.

"Yeah, well he's our only werewolf expert at the moment, so his word is probably more reliable than you thinking with your dick." Ariel pulled into the driveway, turning off the car and turning to her brother. "Look, I know it's hard but by staying away from her you not only save yourself but you save Allison."

"I- I know." Scott sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I'll stay away from her." Ariel nodded, satisfied and left the car, heading up to their house.
"What about you?" Scott yelled, jogging to catch up with her.

"What about me?" She raised an eyebrow confused. "I'm not really close to Allis-"

"No, I mean you staying away from that guy." Scott rolled his eyes. "The one you went on a date with and used to text all the time."

"How do you know about that?" Ariel gaped. "Did stiles tell you? That little mother-"

"I'm a werewolf" Scott sent her a cheeky smile. "I know everything."

"Sure you do." Ariel snorted. "And I'm not talking to him anymore. I don't want to put him in danger." She bit her bottom lip, eyes clouded at the thought of Peter. She had started to really like him, but she should have known it wouldn't work. She had an uncontrollable werewolf brother, a psychotic alpha mate and blood thirsty hunters to deal with. Ariel didn't have time or the ability to enter into a relationship with a human, no matter how much she liked him.

"And here I thought you were the rule breaker of the family." Scott teased.

"Oh I'm still the rule breaker" Ariel winked at him playfully. "I just have common sense." Scott frowned at her before the two broke out into laughter. Their smiles fell however, when they reached Scotts room. He had told him about his encounter with the alpha and she had managed to soothe his nerves, but in the dark room that smelled strongly of Derek Hale, it seemed they had come back by a tenfold.

Scott hurriedly shut the door and closed his window, locking it. Ariel wanted to tell him it was useless. She had smelled the werewolf the second they had come into the room- Derek Hale had already gotten in.

Letting out a sigh of relief, Scott turned on the light. It illuminated the frowning figure of Derek in an armchair, which caused Scott to jump about two feet in the air.

Ariel snickered slightly, flopping down on the bed with a quick greeting to the angry werewolf. "You seriously need to stop doing that!" Scott yelled, his heart beating like he had just ran a marathon. His sister let out a sound of agreement, rolling to fix Derek with a pointed stare.

"So what happened? Did he talk to you?" The older werewolf ignored the McCall sister, his attention focused on Scott.

"Yeah. We had a nice conversation about the weather." Scott huffed sarcastically, rolling his eyes. "No we didn't talk!"