PUNISHMENT

Ariel was beginning to really regret her lack of a filter. Somehow, that quality always managed to get her into bad situations. It was also why she didn't have many female friends. Also probably why Mr Harris seriously wanted to kill her.

It was 5:00 by the time Ariel was able to escape from his lengthened detention, with help from Mr Hopp of course. Her head was pounding, the moon only growing more powerful as the sun fell. The parking lot was nearly empty- lacrosse practice was long since over and most teachers had left long ago. Her beaten up Honda was only a few yards from the door, yet as Ariel staggered to it, it felt more like a mile. Pain was radiating from her god awful mate tattoo, causing her limbs to seize up. It took her quite a few tries to even open the door, her fingers fumbling with the keys as waves of pain wracked her body.

It was worse than the prior moon. The sun was setting and already the girl felt like she might pass out. If this was how she felt at 5:07, she didn't want to experience it at 12:00. It was as if every nerve in her was begging to go to her mate. Her own body was betraying her.
Ariel fell into her car, slouching down on the wheel. She made no move to turn on the car. She wasn't even sure if she could lift her arm to bring the keys to the ignition.

"Seriously, fuck this alpha." She groaned. A text from Stiles illuminated the screen of her phone. She went to answer it but the phone slipped from her hands. Another wave of pain so intense that her vision went white hit her and Ariel fell into a black abyss of pain.

~

As Ariel McCall lay writhing in pain, Peter sat still in his hospital room. The flow of nurses had cleared, leaving him in peace. The tattoo on his chest ached slightly, but not enough to hurt.

Peter knew he was causing Ariel pain. He could feel the weakness of her body, the torture she was going through. It was their second full moon apart and he knew that the only thing that would calm her was him.

Yet Peter didn't want to help her. She had kissed Derek. His nephew. She kept talking to that spazzy boy. She refused to answer any of his texts. She thought he was a monster.

"Peter?" His nurse called his name, slinking into the empty room and shutting the door gently behind her. He refrained from growling at her. The only female he wanted to be around right now was Ariel.

"Jennifer." He forced a smile onto his face, standing to greet her. The red headed woman's face lit up at the attention and she walked closer.

"I missed you terribly." Her slender hand placed itself on his arm and he fought the urge to shudder. Her touch revolted him.

"We've only been apart a few hours." Her face fell slightly at his dismissive tone. Grudgingly, he pulled the woman closer, a grin on his face as he toyed with her weak human emotions. "And they were horribly dismal."

Jennifer giggled, practically preening at his attention. "Are you going out tonight?" She had always craved the attention of a male, and Peter gave her that. He was a dangerous Casanova, a charming man who let her in on a deep dark secret and gave her the attention she craved. But she wasn't stupid. She saw Peters grin tense, felt his body become rigid. When she tried to make eye contact she was denied as Peter looked out the window to the full moon.

"Not tonight, Jennifer." A smirk fell onto his lips as he felt Ariel scream in pain. She deserved it, Peter thought. She had to be punished, for luring him into the school and being oh so stubborn. For refusing to accept their future.

Ariel McCall had to be punished before she would become his.