Chapter Nine

Friday.

The best word you can hear during the week other than 'food.'

I was so happy that it was Friday.

When I got up, I sighed with relief. The weekend was nearly here, where I could eat and be lazy all day while watching Netflix. I didn't have to deal with school or teachers for two days, which by the way I was getting pretty sick of already.

I walked down stairs to see Christen with a broom, sweeping up the mess and broken beer bottles from the night before.

I rolled my eyes and he glared at me as I walked down the stairs. "Cleaning is fun isn't it?"

"Shut up," he glared before continuing to sweep and clean.

"Why'd you even have a party anyway? And also, aren't you meant to be in college?" I asked, grabbing an apple from the kitchen and biting into it.

He shrugged. "Got kicked out."

My jaw dropped. "What?"

He grinned. "I failed most of my classes."

"Good fucking job," I blinked at him.

"Shut up, bitch." I ignored the insult. "And that wasn't even a party," he suddenly said, an evil grin on his face.

I instantly paled, knowing exactly what he was up to.

"Christen. Don't."

"There's going to be a party tonight whether you like it or not."

He walked out of the room, leaving me standing there with a look of horror on my face.

Tonight, there would be a party in this house.

Full of teenagers. Drunk, wasted teenagers.

Somebody help me.

>< >< ><

When I got to school, everything was pretty much the same.

What? Did you expect something amazing to have happened in the span of one night?

Nope.

I should really get out more.

I walked to my locker, grabbing out my P.E. uniform that I would need for my first period. We still had the same substitute teacher, and no matter how I try to argue, I still have to play even with my health condition.

Which sucks.

I then saw Kaitlyn at her locker, getting out her things. I smiled and walked over to her. "Hey."

She grinned. "What's up?"

"Not much, we eating lunch together today?"

She bit her lip. "I can't. Veronica forced me to eat lunch with her and her gang for the rest of the week."

I kept my smile on, even though it was now a fake one. Inside I was scowling.

"That's fine. Anyway, my cousin is having a party tonight and I really don't want to be home when it happens. Can I hang at yours for a little while?" I asked, a hopeful look in my eye. I really didn't want to be home when Christen had all of his stupid friends over, partying and drinking.

"Wait, Christen Green?" she asked, staring at me with awe.

"Yeah... why?" I asked, a little apprehensive. I recalled that my mother's sister married a guy with the last name of Green, making Christen's last name Green.