Chapter Thirty Five

A/N: I'm going to start posting more books and updating them regularly like this one. I have at least one draft for most genres, so there is something for everyone! Yaay!

I had been called into the career office to discuss my future, and I really hadn't wanted to return to school. Ironic, right? I had wanted to have a good year, and for the most part it had been, until now.

The careers office was on the opposite side of the school from the administration area, meaning I would have to walk a bit before I reached it. I didn't want to attract attention or distract people, so I hoped that I could go during class time.

No such luck.

It was lunch time, and the halls were filled with students who were rushing to the cafeteria. Some noticed me, some didn't. And I got very weird looks from all. I didn't know why, but I had a feeling it was bad. Deciding to ignore it, I kept walking through.

The stupid school design caused me to have to walk through the cafeteria in order to get to my destination. I internally groaned as I opened the doors, not attracting quite the amount of attention as I thought I would. I did, however, hear many whispers.

I also noticed where my previous guy friends were sitting. At a table filled with the 'Plastics' of this school: Veronica, Belle, Kaitlyn and their friends. It did hurt, like the sting of betrayal. I looked down, my face going red with humiliation and anger. They knew what she did to me, and yet they hung out with her at lunch and traded snack packs.

I even spotted some making out between the occupants of the table, and I would rather not discuss who it was between. None of them even looked up at me as I walked through, trying to hide my face in my baggy black jumper. I opened the door to the exit and practically ran through, sucking in a breath of even more pain.

Why?

That was my only question. They didn't even bother to stand up for me while I was gone, they skipped straight to fraternising with the enemy.

I balled my fists, and looked up with a menacing glare. A few students scurried out of the way as I kept walking, trying to keep my mood absolutely calm as I headed to the career office.

After the lengthly chat with the nice lady who pretended she was concerned about my career, I left in hopes that it would be class time again. Just my luck, it was five minutes away. I was not going to be the freak show on stage for five minutes, so I simply decided to suck it up and walk out.

As I was approaching the door to the cafeteria, again, another student approached me with curious eyes.

"Hi!" she chirped loudly, holding a notepad and pen in her hand. "I'm with the school newspaper. Could I ask you a couple of questions?"

"Why?" I asked, confused and slightly irritated at her attitude. I was in a horrible mood, and anyone with eyes could see that. Why did she approach me?

"We wanted to do an article on 'teen pregnancy', and we thought you would be the perfect candidate because of, well, you know.." she trailed off but kept the stupid grin on her face.

"What?" I gaped, now extraordinarily more pissed off. "Why would I be someone that you would ask?"

"Because you're pregnant? Everyone knows, by the way. Veronica did a school poll on whether or not we should throw you a party. Too many voted no," she said. "Sorry."

I stuttered, and those gaps were filled with silence. "What the fuck? I'm not fucking pregnant!"

I had never been more infuriated in my life. Veronica had humiliated me, threatened me and insulted those around me as well as myself. I was going to kick her ass no matter what. The anger rose in me like a volcano ready to explode, and soon enough I couldn't control the curses constantly coming out of my mouth.