Chapter 16: The Truth is Revealed

Alex

  "Are you serious?! I always wanted a mystery gift. How are you going to find out who it is?" Leah asked

"I don't know, the letter said once I guess who it is, then the person will give it to me. I am still confuse on why they couldn't come out and confront me. Like I'm going to rip their face off." I said.

Leah gasped on the phone, "I think I got it!!"

  I sat up from my bed, "What?? You have an idea who could be the secret person??"

She chuckled and replied, "First off; we are so changing the code name and second; What if you know the person and they're waiting for the right moment to give you the key and to confess their desire love to you?" Leah suggested.

I thought about it. Desire love? Why would someone love me? "No, who would fall for me? I'm not girlfriend material or even girl material much less."

I knew Leah rolled her eyes because she said "Alex, he related the necklace to your heart. You must be denying feelings for someone and your locking it up."

I chuckled, "Why on earth do you think this person is a guy?"

"Alex think about it? Only a guy would do something like this." Leah said seriously.

This person could be a guy I liked before or a guy I know. I just want to know who it is and why they are keeping their identity a secret?

I sighed, "Leah I love you but I just want to find out who it is and why they did it."

Just then I heard the door bell rung, "Hey Leah? I'll call you later, someone is at the door." Before she could say anything I hung up.

The door bell rung again and I quickly step down the stairs, "Hold your horses I'm--"

I opened the door to reveal Eric at the door. I growled "What the hell do you want!"

He put his hands up and smirked "Woah, somebody is in a crappy mood. Am I allowed in or do I stay outside in the cold?"

The first thing that came to my mind me was to slam the door in his face and call back Leah. But! he could be one of my suspect for the secret gift.

I ran my fingers through my hair and then opened the door a bit more, "Since I have manners. You can come in for a little bit."

He step inside and looked around, "Nothing really changed since I was gone huh?"

I ignored him and made my way to the kitchen. "Since you were 'cold' would you like some tea?"

He was still looking at the pictures, "Why yes, Chai would do the trick."

In shocked, he likes the same tea that I do, Weird...

I turned on the electric Kettle and opened the cupboard to reveal a large box of chocolate chip cookies. I dropped the box of cookies on the table and took one out.

I pushed the box towards Eric and he gladly grabbed a couple. We sat their in slience just listening to our thoughts.

He dust off his hands and said, "So how have you been?? You changed so muc--"

"cut to the chase Truman, what do you want?"

His expression was blank, "What are you talking about? I came over to catch up with you."

"Well why don't you go across the street to the Carter's. You and Andrew seem like bestie." I snapped

He sighed, "I know you're still mad about the whole thing but I'm really sorry. I left town because I felt guilty, I hurt you a lot and I'm very sorry. If I could change everything I would. Even if it takes to shower in ice water or pull a huge prank on Carter," The last part his fist clinched together.