C H A P T E R f o u r t e e n

. . .

    Groaning, Iris tried to flip over on her back so she could lay in a better position. Without her arms falling asleep. But instead of doing so, she flipped over, but landed on the floor. Hitting the coffee table in the process and letting the plate she didn't put away—the one her sisters put in the fridge for her—fell onto her, spilling everything on her jeans. "Shit," she said, using the couch to help her up. "Shit, shit, shit!"

Grabbing the plate, she walked over to the kitchen to put it in the sink and looked through the cabinets for cleaning supplies. Once she found some, Iris walked back to the living room and began spraying the carpet, scrubbing it with a sponge, then scrubbing it again with a towel.

"What are you doing?" Kelly yawned, walking out of the room.

"I accidentally spilled my plate . . . sorry if I woke you," explained Iris as she walked into the room, to the closet, and put the towel—from her hands—in the hamper.

"No, no. You're fine. The loud noises that came from you? I could barely hear."

Iris shook her head as she walked back out to the living room. "Sarcasm? Really? This early in the mornin'?"

Kelly bobbed her head, as if she thought for a moment, and laughed. "Someone has to do it."

"Well then, you can go back to sleep." When she thought about the mess on the floor, her mind went back to her jeans. The pasta fell onto her pants. With a sigh, she looked over to Kelly, whom still stood by the bedroom, now with her arms crossed. "Do you see any stains on these? I can't tell . . ."

"No, Is. I don't." Kelly sighed as well, uncrossing her arms. "They look clean."

Nodding, Iris just sat back down on the couch. "I guess that's good enough, then."

"Hey, why don't we get some breakfast? I can wake Jane up."

The thought of food already made her stomach grumble. It was almost six at night when she came home from Dante's; she was used to late-night dinners, and having an early one? Didn't sit right with her stomach. But even though she woke up with food on her, it was time to eat. "Okay," she said. "Wake up Jane and we'll go from there, I guess?"

Kelly smiled and opened her sister's bedroom door. Iris didn't hear much other than muffled sounds that came from Jane's bedroom. But she did hear the two getting ready; dressed and having brushed hair.

Iris began to pass out again, so she took out her phone and began searching through different places on the internet. Just to keep her occupied.

By the time the two were done with their "fashion show," they finally arrived in the living room to put their shoes on. Iris decided to do the same, as they wouldn't come on magically, though wished it would happen like so.

"You're not going to change?" said Kelly, tying her shoelace.

"Nah." Iris shrugged.

"Why not?"

"Because my clothes are still clean from yesterday and plus, I didn't have food all over my jeans, so I think I'm good to go."

"You slept in your clothes, Is. That's gross." Jane moved her hands around, using body language to describe her disgust.

"It's not such a bad thing like how you make it out to be. In fact, it saves more water and money for the wash. What's so bad about that?"

"I do kind of agree with her, though. You aren't much for hygiene . . ." said Kelly, folding her arms as she looked at her sister up and down.