My Nextdoor Neighbour?

I looked up to see a man in a white t-shirt, dark jean jacket, and dark denim pants. His hair was pushed somewhat to the side, like he just got up from a nap.

What caught me off guard was his eyes. They were familiar. Too familiar.

"Um..." I said, looking deep into his eyes. I was in my cut-off light denim shorts and a white shirt that had the sleeves falling off my shoulders. I was no where near presentable for a guest.

"Sorry. Did I introduce myself? I'm Daniel Maac..." he laughed. My eyes popped open.

"What?" I looked over at Elisa and Maria, seeing shock in their faces as well. We walked outside, closing the door behind us before turning towards him.

"So you live next door in the brick house?" Elisa asked as she looked down at her feet. She was wearing a pastel blue summer dress that reached down to her knees.

"Yeah... why you asking?" Maac asked, confused about what was going on.

"Nothing!" Maria blurted out before realising what she said. Her jeans and black tee were an interesting combo but it fit her well with her curvy body.

"Can you give us a second?" I asked before pulling Elisa and Maria aside, not giving him a chance to answer.

"What is going on?" I whispered.

"This is strange! What is he doing here?" Maria agreed.

"Is he who I think he is?" Elisa replied.

"Yah. He is." Maria replied.

"Get out!"

"No joke!" I replied. "That's Mr. Maac. He looks really different outside of school, though."

"Says the one who has a major ass crush on him," Maria teased as she and Elisa giggled between each other.

Beginning of this year, Maria and Elisa got the idea that I had a crush on our math teacher. To be honest, I do think he's really attractive, but no. Sorry. Too old. And it's totally illegal.

"I don't like him like that! I told you two that how many times?"

"Sure... think that will ya?" Elisa said as I rolled my eyes.

"So what do we do with him?" Maria then asked as we looked back at him. I was surprised he didn't leave yet.

"He is not to know," I replied sternly.

"NO!" they both hissed.

"There's no other way. It's gonna be weird if my parents knew who he is and he knew my parents were next door..."

"Are you girls okay?" Mr. Maac asked as he walked over to us. He probably got scared. I turned to him before answering.

"Yeah... E-lla, Ma-ndy, and I were just discussing something important..."

"About what?"

"If we should invite you in..." Elisa spot before wincing in fear.

"Eli-lla! We haven't... fully decided yet. Plus, her parents don't know you're here?" Mariah stuttered.

"Yah... I whispered. That's when I hear the last thing we needed.