Chapter 17

When I opened my eyes, I heard whispers. I frowned, tossing around my pillow. It smelled weird, foreign. Wait. My sofa wasn't made of leather.

Tyler's home, remember?

Oh, right. Damn, how long have I slept?

"Why have you even brought her home?"

I moaned, turning my head again.

Shut up! I need some more sleep!

"Shh!" Someone hushed violently "If she wakes up because of you, I'll kick your ass."

"Chill, Dad. I'm a sweet little angel just like Grandma says" Another voice chuckled.

I turned my head to place the voices coming from over my shoulder, and woke up. The two men staring at me jerked back.

"I'm very sorry, Miss Summers." Tyler winced "This is my son, Oscar. I'm terribly sorry we've woken you."

"No, it's fine." I sighed, sitting up straight and moaning at the pain in my back "I should wake up, anyway. I... should go home."

"Why don't you go have a shower, I lend you some clothing, and stay for the night?" Tyler suggested, passing by the good-looking guy standing next to him by the doorway "It's going to be some crazy days, Miss Summers."

"Alice, Tyler." I smiled a bit "I really can't. Thanks, really, but I won't allow your job to get messed up with your personal life."

"Oh, don't worry, Miss!" Oscar, the smiling tall kid leaning in the doorway, tossed "Dad doesn't really have that much of a social life, anyway."

I had to giggle at that. Tyler tossed a cold blue stare to his humorous son.

"Ignore him." Tyler added to me "I'll make dinner. Oscar will lend you some of his clothing, I'm sure they'll fit. You stay as long as you want to, Miss Summers."

"I don't want to intrude" I blushed.

"You don't." Tyler assured me, drawing his tender smile "Oscar, show Miss Summers where the loo is."

"I'll take care of things from now on, old man." Oscar teased, winking a blue eye at his stern dad "Come along with me, Miss Alice Summers."

"If he starts bothering you too much, kick him and run" Tyler winked at me as he disappeared into the kitchen.

I was still laughing when his son bowed dramatically and gestured for me to walk first.

"So, you are the girl causing all the big fuss around Whitehall!" Oscar grinned by my side, as we slowly walked down the hallway.

"Apparently so..." I winced.

"No offence, for I think you're cute, but I don't really see why such drama. If he was screwing a high class prostitute, or if he was gay, that I would understand." Oscar put his hands up and I had to smile at his obvious confusion "Now, you, girl next door, daughter of public workers... I just don't see it!"

"Don't see what?" I frowned with a smile.

"How did you two... you know, got together?" He shrugged.

"Huh... I don't really feel comfortable talking about this with a minor" I teased.

"Hey! I'm close to twenty one! I'm an awesome adult" He raised one of his brown brows.

"Sure, I'll believe you." I winked, stopping as he gestured to a door by the end of the hallway "Bathroom?"

"Yep. Get in, get busy, and I'll get you those clothes. Hey, wanna wear my boxers?" He actually wiggled his brows at me, which made me laugh loud.

"Now, what would national TV say tomorrow if I said yes to that offer?" I winked, closing the door at his grinning face.