Chapter 1 The puzzle box

Thebes. City of the Living. Crown jewel of Pharaoh Seti the First. Home of Imhotep, High Priest of Osiris, Keeper of the Dead. A gorgeous, olive-skinned woman enters the outer foyer. It takes us a moment to realize that the skin-tight dress she's wearing isn't a dress at all, but rather her entire naked body that has been PAINTED in the ancient Egyptian manner. Birthplace of Anck-su-namun. Pharaoh's Mistress. No other man was allowed to touch her.

'Imhotep's priests watch Anck-su-namun vanish through the bedroom curtains. Anck-su-namun embraces Imhotep, they kiss passionately, feverishly. Imhotep's hands roam over her body, smearing the paint.'

But for their love, they were willing to risk life itself.

'The bald Priests rush over and close the doors. But just as they do, the doors suddenly BURST OPEN. Pharaoh angrily strides in, looks at the Priests.'

PHARAOH: What are you doing here?

'The Priests back away, scared, obviously his arrival was unexpected. Pharaoh strides for the curtains. Throws them back. Anck-su-namun stands alone. Gives him a smile. The Pharaoh sees the smeared body paint. Points his finger.'

PHARAOH: Who has touched you?!

'From behind him, his sword is ripped out of its scabbard. He spins around. It's Imhotep. Pharaoh is shocked.'

PHARAOH: Imhotep? .... My priest.

'Behind him, Anck-su-namun lifts a dagger and plunges it into his back. Pharaoh SCREAMS. Imhotep raises Pharaoh's sword. The hideous bald Priests see the SHADOWS of Anck-su-namun and Imhotep stabbing away the Pharaoh. Suddenly, the doors are ram from the other side, --WHAM! Imhotep and Anck-su-namun turn and look. --WHAM! The doors are rammed again. The two lovers share desperate looks. --WHAM! The bald Priests run up and grab Imhotep and try to pull him towards the balcony.'

PRIESTS: Pharaoh's bodyguards!

'Imhotep tries to break free, but Anck-su-namun pushes him towards the balcony.'

ANCK-SU-NAMM: You must go. Save yourself. Only you can resurrect me.

'Imhotep's face fills with despair. The doors fly open. The guards (Mumia) come into the room. The Priests hustle Imhotep out onto the dark balcony, just as the Mumia come into the room, in the front no other than Nephthys, Princess of all Mumia.'

Anck-su-namun points at Pharaoh and hisses: My body is no longer his temple!

'She plunges the sword into her own heart. '

For murdering Pharaoh, Anck-su-namun's body was to be cursed. And it was the High Priest, whose duty it was to curse it.

*Time Skip night*

To resurrect Anck-Su-Namun, Imhotep and his priests broke into her crypt and stole her body. They raced deep into the desert, taking her corpse to Hamunaptra, city of the dead, ancient burial site for the sons of pharaohs and resting place for the wealth of Egypt. For his love, Imhotep dared the gods' anger by going deep into the city, where he took the black Book of the Dead from its holy resting place. Anck-Su-Namun's soul had been sent to the dark underworld, her vital organs removed and placed in five sacred canopic jars.