38

"Are you sure about this? If you don't want to see her, I can tell her that." Jungkook said as he pulled the curtains open to let the sunlight flood into the room.

You couldn't help but to flinch a bit once the bright light hit both of your eyes.

"It's okay, I want to listen what she wants to tell me." You smiled brightly like sunshine.

Though you seemed calm with that bright smile on your face, Jungkook could sense that you were actually a bit nervous inside. He was nervous too, as he had no idea why Areum wanted to see you all of a sudden. And the fact that his wife would be meeting his ex just sounded so wrong to him.

Shrugging the thoughts off, he slowly made his way to you and seated himself beside you on the bed.

He took his hand out and gently touched the bandage on your forehead, "Does it still hurt?" he asked.

A small smile gradually grew on your face as you shook your head, "Not really."

He smiled back as a response and gently pinched your cheek. As a reply to his touch, you softly squeezed his adorable nose.

Just when the two of you were going to have a sweet moment together, someone knocked on the door. He quickly got off from the bed along with a sigh before walking to the door to check.

The visitor had arrived.

Jungkook didn't say anything at the sight of her. He opened the door wide and gestured her to come in. Her eyes met his, but the look that he gave was cold, as if Jungkook was signing her not to stay too long.

Areum then broke the eye contact and walked to you. She slightly bowed as a sign of courtesy. You nervously gestured her to sit and so, she did.

Areum was quiet at first, it was as if she was trying to remember what she was gonna say. And her eyes kept on blinking while avoiding your eyes. Seemed like, you weren't the only who was agitated.

She turned her head to Jungkook who was leaning against the wall and asked, "Can you leave us for a moment?"

Jungkook was a bit taken aback by her sudden request while your nervousness increased. Talking to her alone, had never crossed in your mind even once. But maybe, it would be nice to have a talk with her.

Jungkook didn't really like the idea of leaving you alone with her, but when he turned to look at you, he saw you nodding your head.

He sighed and rolled his eyes upward.

"Just don't do anything stupid." He warned her before stepping out from the room.

And so, you were left alone with Areum. Just like what you'd expected, the atmosphere felt so weird. Both were waiting for someone to utter something first, but none was dared to do so until Areum decided to speak up.

"I think, this is the first time we're talking face to face." She smiled, in an awkward way though.

"Yeah." You laughed trying to brighten up the atmosphere a bit.

"I would like to apologize for everything. For dating him in the past, for trying to ruin your life with him, and the fact that my own sister Yujin tried to take your life. I guess, I was a bit obsessed with Jungkook back then. Same went to Yujin. I'm really sorry." She apologized with her head down.

"You don't have to apologize about dating Jungkook in the past. It was his choice though." You said.

"But still, I agreed to continue on dating him, though I knew you two were married." She sighed, feeling ashamed of herself.