PART 12

"Did you see it? Did you see my girl?" Negan got out of the truck and his first steps led to Sally. She was still in the other truck than Negan drove in. Daryl's hand slipped out of hers once they stopped at the Sanctuary front yard. Sally didn't even jump down from the truck when Negan's hands swiped her off her feet and lifted her so she was almost sitting on his shoulder.

Saviors gathered around two of them and cheered and hollered to "long live the queen"...

___

Few days ago, after Negan found out about Sally and Daryl's relations, he really found Sally in his room at the end of the day, just as he told her to. Her eyes were flashing between the sheets, waiting to meet his. Negan sighed and put Lucille on the table. Sally watched him take off his leather jacket and kick off his shoes. He then joined her on the bed. She sat up to be on his level.

He looked at her like he expected her to talk first, so she did.

"It was not my obligation to tell you, Negan," she whispered softly, reaching out her hand, stroking the scrub on his face. He lost himself for a moment and sank his face into the palm of her hand.

Yanking himself violently back into reality, he looked straight into her eyes once again, obviously expecting her to say more. Her hand flew down, the connection between them was violated.

"I don't know what you want me to say. I'm not going back there. I'm not..." she panicked and started to back up from the bed. Negan grabbed her wrist and made her stay. She looked down, not wanting to meet his gaze.

"They hurt me, okay? That's all you need to know. I'm not telling that story, not now, not ever. I'm here, not with them, that's what matters." Her words were final and he knew she wasn't just playing. She was dead serious.

Negan's grip on her forehand loosened and Sally removed her hand from his. His hand rested on her knee.

"Tell me what you want me to do to them and I'll do it," he finally found his voice. "You already let me kill two of them, the poor girl went right after... Is that what you want for them? Is that what you want me to do?"

Sally shook her head. "Let me help. I know what triggers Rick... We can really get on his nerves. We can make the Alexandria visit living hell for him."

"Just as he made your life living hell?" he reassured.

"Yeah," she nodded, "just like that."

Negan and Sally did not go to sleep after that heart to heart. They stayed up late and planned every single detail how to make the first Alexandria visit a success and show Rick that he indeed was not in charge anymore.

They planned everything overnight, and Negan let Sally brief Saviors in the morning. She told them what to do and how to behave and in the end answered all of their questions. After that Negan went over technical matters with them. They talked numbers, transport, back up...

It was Sally's idea to take Daryl with them and it took a little more effort than everything else to persuade Negan they needed him to tag along.

"He has to go with us, Negan. You can't let him out of your sight, though, they have to have a feeling Daryl is still struggling over here. But when it comes to me... Rick needs to see absolute trust you have in me. And he is not convinced easily. He knows me pretty well, he'll catch onto anything out of the ordinary."

Negan let Sally plot everything but it was his final touch to let Rick carry Lucille around. Sally was impressed how quickly Negan grasped what the hell was all about.