Chapter 26

A father is neither an anchor to hold us back nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.

Giara's POV.

He is such an idiot. Who doesn't trust his own best friend? Seriously? And he was blaming me. What did I do? I was just trying to patch them up.

*Ring ring*

"Giara speaking." I answered picking up the call.

"I think we found a lead." I heard Nick say on the other side.

"Good. I'll be there in minutes." I hanged and headed towards my bike not before informing. "George please tell Jay to not to leave this house until I am back. I'll be just gone for 30 minutes."

"Yes. Ms. Edwards."

I was at the house in less than 15 minutes.

"Nick show me what you found."

"Nothing major just the last location of the person who was in contact with them.

"It is a major thing you idiot."

"It can be. According to my research the person is on move. But it's last location was Pennsylvania, USA."

"So he is in this country."

"Uh huh."

"Can I get the exact location of him? As in where he was in Pennsylvania."

"Yep. In Lancaster."

"And now? Do you have tract on him now?"

"I had till the morning but later he just disappeared. It's quite impressive, their tech is too good. Even I can't hack it for more than 20 minutes."

"If they can afford a good tech then why not good kidnappers. Those two didn't even try."

"Yeah. They came with the intention of kidnapping someone and they themselves​ got kidnapped." Nick said chuckling.

"Or maybe they did came with the intention of getting kidnapped​ themselves." I said looking at them. Austin was stuffing his face with food that we so kindly provided and Jake was smirking at me as if he knew what were talking about. "Are sure that you guys checked them and their accessories properly."

"Yep. Why?"

"Because I think we are missing something here."

"Okay. If you want any confirmations, we'll do a re-check."

"Please do. While I'll have a talk with those two."

"Okay."

"Hello boys." I greeted, taking a seat in front of them. "Slow down Austin, you might choke on that. Between I added some rat kill in there, it gives you a nice flavour, you know." I said causing him to choke on burger he was eating. He spit it out. "Just kidding." I smiled cheekily at him, he just glared back.

"Awww you really thought I would do that. How would I? When you both are the only key I have."

"I don't think so." Jake said.

"Okay you got me there. You are smart huh Jake. I like smart people. Between how's your hand? Does hurt it?"

"You are such a cruel, disgusting woman."

"I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you Austin."

"I hate you."

"Good for you. So Jake why are you here?"

"What do you mean by why are we here? You got us here."

"Oh Jakey-Jakey you know exactly what I am talking about." I said taking his now bandaged hand in mine and stroking it.

"Does it hurt here?" I questioned poking my nail in his wound. "It hurt doesn't it?" I said looking at his grimaced face. "I wonder what will happen if I dip your hands in saltwater?"

"You found him. What else do you want?"

"I want to know why you are here if you were not here to kidnap my client. What is your purpose? To distract us?"

"What are you talking about woman? We were here to kidnap that idiot but we ourselves got kidnapped before that we could." Austin interrupted in between.

"Yeah. What are talking about?" Jake said smirking.

"You--"

"Giara." Alec called.

"Yes." I answered. "I'll be back until then enjoy your dinner. Later boys." I got up and exited questioning room where they both were tied.

"We did the re-check, it's all clear. Nothing new."

"Okay. Then we don't have anything else apart from the location we got."

"Yes. Do you want us to check it out?"

"Yes you do that. But I still think there is something wrong with those being here. They were not here to kidnap him."

"What do you mean?"

"What I mean is that they are here​ to distract us or I don't know maybe for some confirmations​."

"Confirmations​?"

"Yeah. Jake, he seemed relieved and very relaxed about being here."

"If that is the case then what about the location we found?"

"I don't know about that but you should go and check it out."

"Hmmm. Do you think this person and threatener are same?"

"They can be or they can be not. We don't have anything in our hand. Just handful of research."

"So now you are going to question them again?"

"No, they might get killed by my hands. I'll leave the questioning to Nick. I've to get back to the Olsen's."

"Okay I'll keep you updated then."

"Sure. See you later." With that I left for Olsen's mansion.

I still can't digest that they both were here to kidnap Jay. It was easy for them to do that. They could have knocked him out and nobody would have noticed. Everyone was drunk and wasted to see someone was getting kidnap. Plus Jake seemed relieved when they both woke up tied to a chair. As if he knew this was going to happen.

*At Olsen's mansion*

Right now I am waiting for Mr. Olsen to end his call so I can give him updates about the mission.

"Yes, thank you. Okay bye." He said hanging up. "Yes Ms. Edwards?"

"Sir. My men found a location from where the kidnappers were getting orders. But it's not guaranteed. The person was on move. It's last location was Lancaster."

"And now?"

"We don't know. He just disappeared from the web. They have were good tech."

"So what about the location you found."

"My men are going there to check, apart from that we don't have anything."

"And those kidnappers?"

"They are still in our held. I'll inform you as soon as I get other updates."

"Okay." I nodded and turned to leave. "And Ms. Edwards I am really sorry for bursting out like that on you earlier."

"It's okay sir, I get it. You care for your son. I know you will do anything for his safety. You love your children unlike someone I know." I muttered the last part to myself silently and left.

A/N:

Hola people. First of all thank you for reading my story. It's on 4th rank in What's hot in action. Here's the other news. This chapter might be the last update of this month. My exams are coming up. They'll be ending on 3rd of April. That's it folks. Keep reading, voting, commenting on my story. And do share it with your pals. Adiós.

Love,
Alba 💜

Love,Alba 💜